𝟔.𝟓

─── 「FLOWER BORN OF RUIN」 ───

     I took a last glance at the gym as the doors closed behind us

     I took a last glance at the gym as the doors closed behind us. I had so many questions about that room, starting with that spear nailed to the wall. Something told me I was going to hate the answer.

I glanced back at Sam, her eyes already on mine. A smile on her lips.

"Ask away."

"How long have you been awake."

"Straight to the point." She nodded with a grin on her lips, standing in front of me, and walking backward. "Let's see. Around three-ish years while Jordan was growing up."

"After that."

"Well, that's a bit more complicated." She pursed her lips. "My body–"

"Your body?" I cut her off. "I don't know why I'm surprised after so long that things are never ordinary with you."

"Well, someone has to keep things interesting, right?" She leaned toward me, so I caught her hand in mine before she was able to tick my forehead. "I prefer it when it's me."

"Are you calling me boring, Heda?"

"Not the time, Bellamy." Sam grinned, calling me out on my attempt before I could even really get started. "Having the Flame, things are different, you know?"

"Are you trying to tell me we have an audience at all times?"

"Not where I was going with this, but yes." She conceded, moving to stand beside me as we walked past the garden. "You've been in there, haven't you?"

"How could you possibly know that?"

"I didn't leave that basket there." Sam pointed at the basket I had picked up. "Anyway, my body has been awake for an extra 5 years."

"You're older than me now." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"And yet I still look so much younger." Sam busted out laughing, making me stop dead in my tracks, glaring at her. "I'm joking, I'm joking!"

"Oh, are you now?"

I shot running after her, not struggling at all to catch up with her as she barely tried, pinning her against the wall with her wrists over her head. She kept on laughing at me as I stood there, simply looking at her. I didn't care if she was younger or older than me, all I cared about was that she was with me, safe and healthy. Happy.

And still mine. Because I was still hers.

I pressed my lips over hers, shutting her laughter as it started to die out. She answered immediately, moving her lips against my own in a way that was so familiar yet felt so new because it had been so long.

But it didn't last.

Sam pushed me back gently, her eyes on mine with an entertained look as I furrowed my eyebrows.