chapter 1

"Thank you." The man disappeared out the door, I let out a long sigh, seeing another car pull up in front of my little coffee shop. I checked on the pastries under the glass case, I was running low, I'll have to close up after this customer to go back and make more. I ran this place all alone, mostly because working with other people was a drag, they were always so whiny, and irrational. A man walked up to the counter, I looked up at him and did a double take that was too obvious for my comfort. He was hot. He had stunning whiskey eyes, dark brown hair, and looked like a walking greek statue. Which I am aware are not very attractive by the way, but the statues were based off the gods who were said to have had impeccable looks. Therefore I was just trying to make a statement.

"Hello." His voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I practically drooled at his voice, it was deep, but not too deep, not a manly deep, but sexy, hypnotizing, sleek, kind of deep.

"Oh," I let out a quick gasp, "hello. How help may I you?" What the fuck just came out of my mouth.

"Excuse me?" He asks, my cheeks flush red obviously embarrassed.

"Sorry, it's been one of those days." I chuckle. "How may I help you?"

"What is the most expensive thing you got on the menu?" My eyebrows raise a bit, no one ever just orders the most expensive thing.

"I, um, probably the pumpkin spice frappuccino." I tell him, he looks at the board, scowling.

"That's ridiculous." He looks at me. He puts down double the price the board says.

"Two and a half dollars is not enough, Starbucks charges five dollars and something for theirs." He informs me. I just look at him mouth agape.

"How bout you hurry up and get the man his drink so we can move along, eh?" The guy behind the one I was just talking to said. I just nodded, knowing if I was only working here and didn't own the place, I wouldn't have a job after today.

"How bout you shut the hell up and wait a damn moment." The dark haired phenomenon turned and told the guy. I just stood and looked between the two guys. The second guy cursed under his breath and stormed out.

"Sorry, for making you lose a customer," he said plainly.

"No, don't say sorry, I can't say anything, otherwise I would have. Maybe you should come around more often." That was my pathetic attempt at flirting. What I really wanted to say was 'I like you, I'm gonna keep you.'.

But I refrained from letting that escape my mouth. What I said seemed to not do so badly because he smiled at me.

"What was your name?" He asked me. What the hell was my name? I had to look down at my name tag.

"Y/n." I say.

"Well y/n it was a pleasure to meet you." He said taking his drink and exiting. By the time I realized I hadn't gotten his name back, he had already driven around the block. I approached the door to put up the closed sign so I could head into the back and make some more pastries.

~Time skip~

The rest of my day seemed to be fairly boring, consisting of a couple people, and a group of teenagers that came to study. I remember being a teenager, it wasn't that long ago, I am only 20. My mind keeps going back to that guy from earlier, I really hope I am able to see him again.

I entered the door to my little house, closing and locking the door. I put my stuff down and went to my fridge. There was nothing so I just decided to eat an apple and some ramen for dinner.

Deciding to turn in early for the night, I changed into my pajamas, and hopped in bed. I grabbed my phone, and checked the security camera footage from earlier, there was what seemed like a quarter of a second where his face was visible to the camera. I loved his features, the way hisnose slightly curved up at the tip, those amazing whiskey eyes, his moles, and his scruffy hair. I loved it all.