18 | birthdays

June 15th.

⸺ I SIGHED AS I felt the sunscreen starting to stick to my skin. We weren't outside in the sun yet as Rosalie continued to scurry around the Cullens household, packing things we would never need. Today was my 16th birthday, and as a gift, Rosalie was taking me on a "quick trip" to a sunny private lake in Canada. 

I had on a sheer white dress with a full-body black swimsuit on underneath. Rosalie had personally made sure I wore the SPF-90 sunscreen she had bought me. I also was required to wear sunglasses, bug spray, a hat and sneakers.

"I'm not that fragile," I reminded her as she rifled through her bag again. She looked up for a split second, shook her head, and looked back down.

I rolled my eyes. Emmett laughed loudly, making me jump just a little. "Rose, c'mon, Andie is tough! she'll be fine." Emmett playfully wrapped an arm around me, but then pulled away, feeling the sunscreen. "Jeez, Rose really is overprotective." 

Rosalie let out a soft growl and zipped up her bag. "Ready?" She asked.

I stared at her in silence. "I feel like your fucking with me. I have been ready for a hour."

Rose shrugged. "Just making sure." She grabbed my hand, and before I could say my goodbyes to her family, she had boosted me onto her back, and took off running.

Something I had discovered about running this fast without any effort is that i felt like I could breathe again. The wind whipped my hair and face, but I felt free with Rosalie protecting me. 

After a few minutes of running, Rosalie sat me down on the grass off the coast of a lake. I took in the view. Rosalie had explained to me that this place was private, seeled off, but I still saw it as rather exciting that we were out here in the open. We could never do that back home. It was a sunny afternoon, hot enough to get burned from the sun, but cool enough to be afraid of the water temperature. Rosalie wrapped her arm around me, asking, "Do you like the view?"

I looked at her, "Well, when your here, of course." I smiled. She rolled her eyes and set out and umbrella, towels and chairs for us along with a cooler. I sighed again, "This isn't nessacary..."

"Its your birthday!" Rosalie chirpped, "What kind of girlfriend would i be if I didn't go all out for you?"

I smiled. Rosalie took off her black robe she was wearing as a cover up, revealing a white bikini. It hugged her curves, and made the amber in her eyes pop. I couldn't help but trail my eyes down her body. She tied her curls in a loose ponytail, and looked to me very seriously. "I am not getting my hair wet." she stated.

Chuckiling, I agreed. "I understand." Rosalie dipped her toes in the water, until she was ankle deep. She looked back to where I was standing, still by our bags on the shore. "Are you coming?" She asked. 

My cheeks flashed hot, dreading this moment. I nodded and smiled tightly, turning around. I looked down at myself as I took off the cover up. My g-tube was protruding out of my stomach, and you could see surgery scars on my chest above the scoop neck. I turned around, walking into the shallow waters, my arms crossed around my chest. Rosalie was by my side in an instant. She looked me up and down. For a split second I felt self concious, but then, Rosalie grabbed the back of my neck, smashing my lips into hers. She pulled away first, whispering down to me, "You're so beautiful."

I blushed, looking down, smiling. Rosalie grabbed my hand as we walked deeply into the water, splashing each other and of course, kissing as well.

Looking back on that evening now, it seems like that was the last time I would be happy. 

September 13th.

A lot of seniors in high school will tell you that your senior year will be the best year of your life. 

And for most people, that is a goddamn lie.

I lay in bed, wondering if getting up at 6 in the morning for a diploma I'm never going to need is worth it. Well, a diploma i'll never need if I get my way.

I feel someone poke my face, and I slowly open my eyes, already knowing its Rosalie. Usually Rosalie stays in my room at night and leaves once I've fallen asleep. But Edward and her have taken a liking to sneaking in the windows, swooning Bella and scaring the shit out of me. 

I roll over. "Go away. School is pointless. Stop sneaking in my window, or I'll get a deadbolt." I deadpanned. Rosalie swiftly and elegantly pulled the blanket off me. She was wearing a floral wrap dress- dark colors though, of course. Her outfit made me feel very underdressed in my mets t-shirt and shorts. To be fair, though, the t shirt was hers.

"You are smarter than most of the teachers there." She smiled, and rifled through my closet.

"Why can't summer be forever?" I asked. "I wanna go back to that beach house with you." She layed out shorts and a flannel for me to wear. "That outfit looks so gay."

"...So?"

I smirked and rolled my eyes, finally getting up. I changed and got ready in the bathroom, realizing why I had to wake up: Today was Bella's 18th birthday. 

Now, you'd think that most teens would be excited for their 18th birthday, ya know, the illusion that you're an adult now and you rule the world? Not Bella. The only thing on her mind was how she was getting old. 

18? Old?

I also think the part of birthdays she doesn't like is the fact that It means one less year with me. I have cystic fibrosis, which basically is a disease that makes my lung shit at being lungs. It affects a lot other than my lungs though. Currently my lungs were at about 60% function.

Rosalie hummed a tune as I walked back into my room, packing my bag. She wrapped an arm around me and kissed my forehead. 

"Make sure Bella wakes up. I'll see you downstairs." She smiles, and in a blink of an eye is gone. 

I smile and turn out into the hallway, walking into Bella's room. She's sitting on her bed, looking at photos.

"Happy Birthday?" I smile.

She awkwardly smiles back, "Thanks."

I sit beside her, "You know, we have time. It's not like being 18 is a grandmother."

She sighs. "Its- its just... i'm a year older than Edward."

"What, like a year matters? And, in reality, he's like 100." I roll my eyes and stand up. "C'mon, future validictorians aren't late for school."

Bella stands, and says snarkily, "I guess you should get going."

.

...hi?

I KNOW I SAID I'D UPDATE THEN I DIDN'T BUT ITS HERE NOW.

i already like writing this im excited and scared like ohmygod.

have fun reading.... bring tissues btw.

-lola