Chapter I : Act III

■+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+■

"You served Khaenri'ah well, Dainsleif." (Name) stated.

"But it's gone...it's been gone for 500 years." Dainsleif replied and broke the eyecontact with (Name).

"And I'm just a survivor of it....." He said, looking down.

"I watched what happened." (Name) suddenly stated, which caused Dain to look up at her.

(Name) trudged towards the taller male.

"I apologize for Asmoday." She muttered out.

Silence.

"You know...." Dainsleif started.

"It's kind of ironic that the God of Destruction didn't play a big role in the destruction of Khaenri'ah." The blonde added.

"...The Abyss." (Name) changed the topic, she never really enjoyed her title that much.

"Ah yes, the Abyss has done quite a lot ever since 'her majesty' arrived." Dainsleif said, referring to Lumine.

"The twins, Aether and Lumine." (Name) recalled how Aether told her how they got separated.

"I see you've met him." Dainsleif made the dagger disappear and crossed his arms.

"Who do you think set me free?" (Name) lightheartedly said

Dainsleif chuckled.

"So, what's your plan for the Archons?" Dain asked.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you," (Name) paused.

"I truly don't forgive them. With the exception of a few." She said, a dangerous glint in her eyes.

"Can't seem to get rid of your murderous tendencies?" Dain bluntly said.

"Oh, you know it's basically impossible for me to completely block them out." (Name) said, returning back to a softer expression.

The sun was starting to rise.

"I should be heading back to the city." (Name) bowed her head a bit.

"I understand, I should get going as well." Dainsleif turned around and exited her field of vision.

Despite Dainsleif's lack of trust when it came to Archons, he didn't mind this one, in fact, he'd grown quite a liking towards (Name).

■+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+■

"Oh, calm down, Aether. Paimon is sure that (Name) is perfectly fine!" The pixie reassured.

"I don't know, Paimon. She's been gone for hours!" The traveler exclaimed, looking at the sun which was partially up.

"I apologize for my actions back at the walls." (Name) stated, walking up to the two.

"Ah, (Name)! You're back!" Paimon exclaimed, whilst Aether's expression lit up at the sight of the god.

(Name) smiled but was shocked when she was engulfed in a hug by Paimon and Aether. The Archon was speechless as she slowly hugged back.

"I truly am greatful for the both of you." (Name) said in a soft tone and broke the hug

Aether simply smiled, but internally, he was slight annoyed at the lack of contact.