Chapter One- The appearance

Adalaide's pov. (5 years old)

"Adaliade, stop running for a moment. I need to catch my breath." My twin brother, Arrow, pants.

His blond hair falling over his eyes as we stop. Leaves and sticks crunch along the ground as I pace along the forest floor.

"Adalaide, it's ok. Ana will find us soon. We've got to be careful where we rest though. Right now we're on a packs territory. We'll have to move very very soon." Arrow shakes his head as a couple of raindrops start to fall.

"We won't be able to find our way anywhere if this storm gets bad." I say as I run my fingertips through my blond curls. Arrow nods with a small sigh.

"You know that Ana is probably freaking out right now. All she's ever done is protect us. Because those dingy rogues attacked, Ana, made us run to safety." I sigh and sit at the base of an old oak tree.

Thunder rumbles overhead and I clamp my hands over my sensitive ears to block out some of the noise.

Rain starts to fall more heavily and Arrow jumps up from the ground.

"Adalaide, do you still have the blanket that Ana bought us a while back?" Arrow asks as rain soaks through his old tee.

I shrug and slung my ratty backpack off of my shoulder.

"Food, water, clothes... Here it is." I exclaim and quickly pull the blanket out of my bag.

Arrow grabs it and carefully unfolds it before wrapping it around the both of our small bodies.

"Arrow? Do you think Ana got badly hurt in that fight?" I question and Arrow looks at me.

"She's tough. Even if she does get a little hurt, she'll bounce back. She always does." Arrow responds and inches closer to me.

A twig breaks a couple of yards away and I jump up.

"Arrow...?" I ask stepping closer to my brother's side.

"Adalaide, it's alright. Just stay quiet and calm." Arrow warns as three adult wolves and a pup walk out of the brush.

Arrow pushes me behind him and does his best attempt of a growl.

The biggest wolf lays down, its giant  head in its paws. I look around to see that the pup has disappeared.

Suddenly a boy around our age walks out from behind a couple of trees.

His light brown hair falls over his big brown eyes. He gives us a small smile and I frown.

"Are you guys lost?" He asks. His tone implying that he thinks we are a lot younger than we are.

I shake my head.

"Hey. Don't be afraid. If you follow me and my friends, we can get you cleaned up and look for your family." The boy tries again.

I shake my head again. "No. We're not lost. We've lived in the wilderness for almost three years now. Our older sister  told us to run when we got ambushed by wolves." Not giving away the fact that we know they are actually werewolves.