48. Scheme

"Neither I nor my Ariana will take the blame. Somebody else will." said Xavier, pleased with himself.

Duke Lorenzo and Duchess Lily looked at each other in confusion.

"Who will? Persephone?" The Duke asked.

Xavier simply pushed a paper and a quill towards Duke Lorenzo. "Your Highness, start writing." He commanded.

With uncertainty, Duke Lorenzo dipped the quill in ink and waited for Xavier to give information.

"Address the letter to the leader of leeches, Your Highness. And mention that we have decided to grant them the last whit of our cure considering their pathetic condition, on one tiny condition of ours."

"Oh!" Duke Lorenzo exclaimed upon realization while Duchess Lily smirked in satisfaction. "Perfect! This way, you acquire both Ariana and the Kingdom's trust."

Xavier stood up. "I trust my lord and lady to handle the rest." He was about to walk out of the room when Duke Lorenzo stopped him. "I suggest that your Majesty stay here to plan this letter as it is very sensitive."

"She needs me near her for quick recovery. Present me the draft in the morning." Saying that, Xavier headed out for the Imperial Wing.

                                                                                       **~~~**

Meanwhile, Sean had been searching for the chamber assigned to his parents. He looked for a guard to help him with directions, but surprisingly, he couldn't find any. After roaming around for a while, he decided to return to Nate's chamber. As he was on his way, he paused as he heard someone whispering his name. He turned back. There was no one.

Thinking it was just his imagination, Sean shook his head and continued walking when he heard someone whisper incantations. This time, extremely close to his ear. Suddenly, there was a change in his demeanor.

As if he knew every part of the castle at the back of his hand, he started walking and taking turns on his way with confidence. In no time, it seemed that he reached his destination as he took a pause. 

"Come closer", whispered Narcisse.

Sean walked up to him straight, without blinking his eyes whatsoever, as if he were in a trance.

The priest extended his hand from behind the bars and plucked a few strands of hair from his head.

"Go." He whispered and watched Sean as he walked away.

Narcisse turned around and chuckled, seeing the hair in his hand. He released the breath that he had been holding and watched as all the guards wake up from their sleep, looking around and at each other in confusion, before checking on Narcisse. As they saw him in his place, they were relieved.

                                                                                            **~~~**

"I am back, love." Xavier announced with a smile as he entered the Imperial chamber. He watched as Saoirse stretched her legs, still lying on the bed.

"You are fully conscious. Good." He commented. He went near her and sat on the bed. He leaned in and whispered near her near. "Ariana, once you are back, I have things to tell you. But for now, rest well and regain your strength. Meanwhile, let me adore my Saoirse. I have spent so little time with you but even lesser with her."

He started brushing her head. "When I first found out Ariana is my mate, Kon was so afraid that you shall never show up. However, he had definitely felt your presence, no matter how faint it was. So, we are euphoric to see you, darling."