𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐄𝐒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

"What is going on?!" Alex questioned, not bothering to hide all the emotions that were coursing through her veins.

"The alien thing split the ship in half!" Peter responded with terror in his voice while the redheaded girl saved a few people from falling over the side, "I need you to clear the civilians while I try to fix the boat!"

The Easton girl didn't bother responding as she raced down the stairs of the ship. She went floor by floor, getting the ferry passengers away from the tear in the center of the ship. Once she was finished with one side, Alex managed to jump to the other side and repeated her actions. The speedster ran throughout the whole ship until everyone was out of danger then stopped near the back of the boat to watch Spider-Man do his work.

Alex was surprised at first to find Peter just standing and staring at the disaster playing out in front of him. That was until she heard Karen's voice in her ear telling the Parker boy the strongest points of the boat. The brunette boy soon started swinging back and forth between the parts of the ferry while using his webs to reconnect the halves. What felt like an eternity passed before he finally finished and landed next to Alex.

Both of the teens stared at the webs and safe civilians with smiles on their faces, only for their joy to fade when Karen's voice rang through their ears. "Good job, Peter. You were 98% successful."

"Ninety-eight?" Peter questioned as he looked around at the broken ferry while Alex stared at the side of his head with fear in her eyes.

The cheering of the passengers soon reverted back into screams when the webs started breaking away from the ferry. Alex's whole body became as still as a statue as she watched the halves begin sinking once again. A wave of panic washed over her as her eyes scanned over all the people on board the ship, knowing they wouldn't be able to get them all off in time. As the world around her continued to fall apart, only one question continued to bounce around in Alex's head. How could everything go so wrong so quickly?

Due to her terrified state, Alex was completely oblivious to Peter leaving her side until he came into her line of vision. Her mouth instantly parted at the sight of the Parker boy attempting to hold the ferry together with two pieces of his webbing. The speedster kept her eyes glued to the boy in red as his shouts mixed with the screams of the ferry's passengers. Alex just wished there was something she could do to help him other than run around and keep everyone away from the burnt edges.

What felt like an eternity passed when the halves of the ships began to come together again. Alex instantly raced to Peter's side once the decks were rejoined before they continued to look around in astonishment. That was until their attention landed on a familiar face staring at them from the nearest window.