➶ chapter twelve ➴

chapter twelve!

————————
-ˋˏ ༻ ♚ ༺ ˎˊ-
————————

the three h's:
hybrids, hugs, and halfway happy

————————
-ˋˏ ༻ ♚ ༺ ˎˊ-
————————

"NIK?" CASSIOPEIA MUTTERED QUIETLY, rubbing her eyes as she woke up, her fingers drowsily operating her phone

somehow, she did not feel good after her nap at all, no, on the contrary actually — she felt even more tired for some strange reason.

she had accepted his call.

without noticing, niklaus let out a breath of relief. for some reason, he had feared she would be too busy hanging out with his brother elijah. of course he wasn't jealous, he was just... scared she'd slip out of his grasp.

"cassie." he breathed out, his voice slightly wavering in shakiness.

cassiopeia frowned, sitting up immediately on. "nik? is everything alright?"

"they failed." he swallowed harshly.

does he mean the hybrids?

cassiopeia relaxed her body in sadness. "i'm so sorry, nik." she whispered, as she made herself look presentable in a heartbeat, the thought of her weird dream escaping her mind immediately.

"i killed some of them — i, i had to, and others just... they just bled out." nik shared with a forced chuckle. "funny, isn't it?"

his voice trails off as he closed his eyes, trying to regulate his breath.

cassiopeia shook her head, even though he couldn't see her, as she brushed her hair hastily, grabbing a blood bag in a rush as she put on her shoes.

the only person he currently could fathom finding comfort in was cassiopeia, his strong, brave cassiopeia, his ally, his friend, his... lover.

although it was pretty much one-sided. he knew cassiopeia didn't feel for him like that — it still hurt. it still hurt badly.

such a tragic, cruel fate...

niklaus was sure this was karma paying him back for all the sins and crimes he had committed.

"i wish you were here." nik sighed with a melancholic smile, his fingers curling around the phone as if he was holding onto it for dear life.

"i'll be there then." cassiopeia replied, trying to make him smile, as she searched for the presence of his mind.

teleportation was a skill she hadn't practiced in a long, long time but for nik, her favourite person, she would do so without a second thought. it was a hard ability to use, but she would do her absolute best to cheer her friend up. she knew how much his loneliness had affected him, how abandoned and left alone he could feel sometimes.