Chapter One : Saving the troublemaker

"That'll be 8.99 madam" I conclude and she hand me her credit card. I check it return it to her

"Excuse me ma'am this credit card is invalid" the woman who looks to be in her forties squints at me.

"Try again"  She insists and I do but still the same result.

"Are you playing with me girl. I know there's money on this card so you better hurry up before I call your manager.

I sigh, don't they ever get enough. I put on a fake smile, "Do you perhaps have another card or ready cash because this card just won't do"

"Are you mocking me, you think I can't pay for this low product groceries" then hurry and get the fuck out I want to say but decide not to.  "I said there is millions on this credit card and if you are so incompetent as to understand that then call me a competent manager"

"He's busy and this isn't such an important issue to bother him with, see" I swipe the card for her to see it for herself.

"Your machines broken then" she yells and my smile widens.

This is the part I tell you I'm not a very patient person. I take her groceries go put them back and hand her her card, "Thanks for visiting 39 groceries hope you return next time with money"

She gasps and I see when she turns her Karen lever up.  She begins causing a scene and eventually Matt,  my boss comes to the front. He tries to calm her down and turns to me for assistance but I'm done with her broke ass.

Matt grits his teeth, "why don't you take the boxes outside and I'll attend to our customer. He doesn't need to say it twice I walk to the storage room and continue his job.

When I'm five boxes through I see her walk out and heads to her car with her groceries. She faces me and I smile. Fuming she drives away.

I walk back in to an embarrassed Matt. "You seriously had to bait her like that"

"What it's not my fault she's broke"

"But you could have taken it easy on her"

"She was a bitch" I say too loud that a customer looks up at me.

"SHE was a customer no matter how bitchy she was " he whispers the last part and I smile.

He sighs "Remind me again why I put you on the front desk"

"Because I'm pretty " I offer "and smart"

"Yeah and if you don't keep this attitude of yours in check I'm gonna have your head as a welcoming ornament" he says and I take a slow step away from him.

"Remind me again why I work for you"

"Because you need the money"

"hmm I highly doubt that"

He laughs, "I'm heading out early close the shop at 9. Oh and try to be nicer to my customers " he walks off and for the rest of the night I don't see him.

My phone vibrates and I pick it up. From girlinabitchyworld

Do you think Santa has seen boobs before

I laugh how would I know idiot and where from this stupid question

Well I just saw him at the club with some hoes and I've lost my childhood innocent. Is it bad that now I'm imagining Santa giving me treats on different parts of my body

What eww stop that. Now you make me want to vomit. I'm kinda glad I missed this party. What have you become asap I want my best friend back!!

Really but he's hot and even though he's not in his costume I'm imagining it and I just met a hotshot. Goes to our school maybe the gods may finally be looking down on me🙌.Give me the good stuff.