FIFTY FIVE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

I didn't rest for long, long enough to get my strength back up

I didn't rest for long, long enough to get my strength back up. Enough so I could think straight and use my body to its full capacity. I had to if we're going to run for hours upon hours to find Kassian, to fight and kill anyone who may stand in our way.

Knowing that I won't hesitate for a second to rip out anyones throat who steps across me, to try and stop me from finding my mate. I'll turn their insides out and use their intestines to strangle them with. I will do anything for him.

My night was filled with dreams of him, of us, like everything was normal. But it's not. It's far from normal and feeling that void in my heart only makes me want to search for him every second of the day.

We had covered most of the map, ticking off the designated areas to be searched in every angle and direction possible. The further we go out, the more I lose a tiny bit of hope. How could they have moved away so fast and none of us pick up a trace of them?

But I knew that I was leading the pack, ordering them what to do. I couldn't lose my bearings now. I had to keep strong, show that I know what I'm doing. If I give up, they will too and they're my hope in finding him.

Yet when the sun starts setting again, we're no closer than we were two days ago. Nella and Mace order me to meet them before getting to the pack house, stopping me from going overboard like I tried to do last night. Telling me that the pack back at the house will take over.

I dismiss the pack even though I didn't want to but I had to give them a break. They'd resent me if I worked them to the bone and didn't give a shit about their own wellbeing. Nella and Mace soon approach in their wolf forms, their fur slightly messy from their search along with muddy paws.

Anything? Nella asks through mindlink.

My head shakes. Nothing. It's like he vanished into thin air. I'm freaking the fuck out Nella, what else can I fucking do?! I don't know what else we could possibly do.

What about Everett and Fran? Mace questions.

Still nothing. It's like we're chasing ghosts and doing fucking nothing substantial!

Hey. She steps forward and nudges her head into mine comfortingly. Mace steps behind her and edges his way into our conversation. It's only been a couple of days, okay? We still have some land left to search, I'm sure the other witches have picked up something or a scent today. They can't be that clean with their work.

But what if they don't Nella? My voice is harsh and Mace blinks at the tone. We should have at least one lead now but we have nothing. Kassian would be so fucking disappointed that we've done nothing so far!

We haven't done nothing, Cleo. Mace's voice snaps and we both turn to him. We've done everything we can do. That's not nothing. We're trying our hardest and you need to accept that, what we're doing isn't for nothing.