chapter 15 (aka episode 5) PART 2

word count: 2264 words

I'm a firm believer in running away from my problems

I'm a firm believer in running away from my problems. It's fucking foolproof, really. Fail a test? Drop out of school. Get broken up with? Move away. Your mom finds out that you definitely aren't clean and you have to go to the hospital again? Jump out of the fucking car and run away.

Genius, I fucking know.

Running away is so fucking smart, but sometimes? It causes more problems then what you started with. And that's kind of what happened when I jumped out of the car.

Oh well. All that means is that shit is about to go down.

"Elle! I missed you so fucking much, oh my God," Maddy exclaimed, throwing her arms around the blonde. "I missed you too," she said as Maddy pulled away.

"So? Tell me why the fuck you disappeared," Maddy insisted, sitting down on her bed as Eleanor let out a sigh. She wasn't exactly looking forward to re-explaining her 'situation' to anyone, particularly one of her closest friends.

But she owed it to Maddy, like she owed it to Fez. And so, she began. Even though it was the second time, it wasn't any easier.

"It's kinda a lot, Mads. So, um, prepare yourself?" she said, looking at Maddy, who's confusion was clear on her face. She was expecting something less serious, like a breakup. Or drugs. Or something that wasn't- this.

"I've been kinda struggling with- cutting for a little while now. I, uh, relapsed a couple weeks ago, after your birthday. I think it was 'cause I was drunk, but it's always been kind of a problem, since I was like fourteen."

Eleanor paused, taking a breath and looking nervously over at Maddy, who's face was displaying a mixture of emotions.

"And I already told Fez about it, and he- helped. I'm probably gonna try and talk to someone and-" she was cut off by Maddy embracing her again, tighter this time.

"I am so fucking sorry, oh my God. I love you SO much," she whispered, and Eleanor felt yet another tear fall from her eyes. She had cried an upsetting amount recently.

"I love you more," she whispered back, letting Maddy hold her for a moment before letting go. "I'm literally so sorry. I totally fucking forced you to tell me, Jesus. I had no idea," Maddy cried, burying her head in her hands.

"Don't be sorry, you didn't do anything," Eleanor reassured, laying her head on Maddy's hunched shoulder. "Ugh, you're too perfect. I love you," Maddy said again, sitting up and looking over at Eleanor.