𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8 ~ 𝓐 𝓼𝓾𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

☆☆☆☆☆

"You were always my brother." Dom says, standing over Vince, Brielle stood next to him silently crying. Dom squeezed his eyes shut from the tears, bringing his fingers to his forehead, then his chest and shoulders, before pulling the sheet over Vince's body, "I got eyes on Nico, now."

Brielle couldn't speak, still reeling from the loss, as were the rest of the team as they sat quietly dealing with it in their own ways, even though some had barely known him from 24 hours. 

They both left Vince's side and made their way back over to the group, Dom walking faster and in front of Brielle, "We need to move. We don't have much time."

"I got us a flight out." Han spoke up, stepping forwards towards Dom with a phone in his hand, "We can leave Rio in the rear view in the next five hours."

Dom stopped as he reached the steps, before speaking loudly to the group, "Not to run away." He turned his head to face them, "To finish the job."

"Are you crazy Dom?" Gisele shook her head at his words, "We can't."

"It's a suicide mission." Roman adds, standing up and gesturing to the table where Vince lay, "That's your man over there on the table. The plan is busted! This is bullshit, man. Reyes knows we comin'."

"He's right." Tej speaks up, "They tripled the detail at the police station. There's gonna be a wall of gunfire."

Dom looked at them, "Reyes doesn't get away with this."

"It's a trap man." Han sighed, "You know that."

Suddenly Elena spoke up, "Dom, listen to them. Run, before it's too late. Leave Rio. You can be free."

"Running ain't freedom. You should know that." Dom shook his head as he looked at her.

Brielle looked around the group, not saying a word. Of course she wanted to go with Dom, but she had just lost another member of her family, first Jesse, she was only eleven when he was shot but she saw it and can remember it vividly. Then Letty, which still pains her everytime she thinks about her, she was like a mother to Brielle. Now Vince, he had always been a brother to her, buying her ice cream when she was sad, watching her favourite movies with her, even if they were childish and girly. And they were all gone. It just didn't seem right to carry on with the plan after everything.