I.

Soulmate AU where everyone is born with a ring on their finger, the color of the ring indicates the emotion that your soulmate is going through. For example : red is anger, yellow is happy, blue is sad, love is purple, grey is fear, and green is envious or disgusted.

When you finally meet your soulmate the ring turns pink

And when they die, it turns black and falls off your finger, becoming dust

just imagine you in your bed staring at the ring, and all of a sudden it goes black. you turn on the light to make sure it's not actually black, but to your dismay it is.

You grieve for someone you haven't even met

------

You always loved the idea of having a soulmate but finding your soulmate was what you figured out to be damn near impossible when you live in Hawkins were a bunch of drama is always going down. It wasn't until this year that you met your soulmate.

You were walking down the hallway with a half-broken heart, you just had some friends do a shitty 360 and now you don't have friends.

Yeah, life can be cruel, but then you bumped into someone dropping all your books! You knew it had to be your fault; you were looking down the whole time.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" You exclaimed as you looked upon a guy with long curly hair, a rock band jacket, he had rings on his fingers, and from what you can tell he was attractive.

"Oh it's alright, whoa," he noticed how red your eyes were, "are you okay?" He asked as he helped you pick up your books.

You just shook your head, you need to let it out, you can't just ignore it, "no, not really. Truth be told, my only friends in this hellhole who didn't treat me like a freak just ditched me and now I'm alone... So nope, not okay."

He just gave you a look.

"I'm sorry, that was very venty and ranty, I'm just sorry," you apologized, looking down only to notice your ring was pink! Your jaw dropped a bit as you looked at the boy.

"No need to be sorry, you needed to talk," he put out his hand, "I'm Eddie, by the way, Eddie Munson."

You smiled at Eddie shaking it and then you both noticed a feeling when they touched plus you got to see the pink ring on his finger.

Eddie looked at his ring as his jaw dropped, "you-"

"Uh," you got nervous all of a sudden only for the bell to ring, "gotta go to class, but I'm Y/N L/N by the way."

"Wait- and she's gone..." Eddie sighed watching you walk off in a hurry, "just gonna have to try that again."

------

Eddie had found you at lunch by yourself once again, "Miss Y/N," your nervousness shot through the roof as your soulmate came and sat next to you.

"Eddie, hi," you greeted back, you cupped your hands hiding your ring.

"Do you mind if I eat here?" he asked.

You tried to stop the nervousness but it was kinda stuck in your mind, "sure," be normal Y/N, you told yourself, be normal.

He puts his food on the table as he smiles at you, you are unable not to smile back that's how contagious his smile is, "so I've decided," Eddie said as you looked at him, "I'm going to be your new friend!"

"Oh?" You rose your eyebrows kind of excited to hear this, "why?" You didn't see why he'd want to get to know you considering well you.

"You interest me," he told you.