Falling, Fallen | Episode 9

Disclaimer: The story is entirely a work of fiction. The names, characters, and incidents portrayed in it are the work of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or localities is entirely coincidental.

I do not own Tomorrow X Together and any of the Kpop idols used in the story. Everything in the story is entirely fictional and doesn't mean to send hate to any of the models. Hopefully, you'd enjoy rereading the novel.

You took your hand away from his hold—---and backed away a little bit from him; "Yeonjun, I broke Junsu's heart, and you're asking me to be your girlfriend," You uttered. "Who cares?----I loved you before he did anyways," Yeonjun replied. You couldn't believe he dared to be so selfish; after telling you, he didn't need you, and you were trouble and dramatic to him.

"You know, Choi Yeonjun, you can be very selfish," You asserted. He approached you slowly and pulled you closer to him; "I am selfish when it comes to you; Why can't you see that my heart belongs to you and only you?" Yeonjun yelled.

You pushed him away; "I have to go to my lecture; please don't bother me," You uttered. "Y/N, I'm not going to give up; I'll wait as long as it takes for your answer," Yeonjun yelled. You rolled your eyes in annoyance, but deep within your heart~~~~there was an overwhelming sense of excitement when Yeonjun asked you to be his girlfriend.

However, you were planning to dilly-dally with him until the end of the dance competition; you know he'll keep bothering you anyways. So you're determined to continue ignoring him—---you entered the classroom, and Professor Jang glared at you.

"I'm sorry, Professor Jang—-It won't happen again," I said, bowing multiple times. "You may take your seat! Please come see me after class," Professor Jang strictly said. You take out your textbook and notebook, continuing to follow along with the lesson—--from time to time, you feel Junsu's eyes on you. However, you tried to ignore it and not look at him because you still felt a pang of guilt in your heart for leading him on to think you loved him.

*****

After meeting with Professor Jang, she assigned you to write a hundred-page essay on why you were late and explain why you won't do it again. You let out an exasperated sigh when you were far from her office; "Ugh, Choi Yeonjun, this is all your fault!" You muttered in frustration. You quickly headed to your final lecture of the day; before you received an extra assignment—--you opened the door and saw that Professor Baek hadn't started the lesson.

You took a seat next to Shinyoung and Junsu, but Junsu got up and sat in the back; You wanted to turn around and tell him to come to sit, but your pride was telling you: No! You sighed and took out your Physics textbook and notebook, along with a calculator; "Y/N, I'm going to guess it didn't go well with Junsu," Shinyoung whispered.

"Yes, I feel so guilty, You know?" You whispered—-- "I told you one of you would've gotten hurt, but you are too stubborn to listen," she said. You knew Shinyoung was right; so you didn't dare argue with her~~~~ "I know I should've listened to you and come clean that I still love him," You said. "Do you still love Choi Yeonjun?" Junsu uttered—----You slowly turned around and met eyes with him; his sad stares worsened your heart's guilt; "Yes," You whispered.

"I should've known for a long time because when you talked to me, your attention was always on Yeonjun," Junsu said, pausing. "But you know I'm not giving up on you any time soon; I'd show you we're perfect for each other," Junsu said.

You didn't say anything and turned around—---as Professor Baek entered the classroom, you couldn't stop thinking that two guys were fighting for your attention. You didn't expect your fourth year of high school to be like this—--- "Why couldn't it have happened during my second year?" You thought. You shrugged off the thoughts and followed along with the lesson—but your thoughts shifted from Junsu and Yeonjun's confessions.

********

You and Shinyoung walked outside to see your parents' car out; "Here we go again!" You murmured, but Shinyoung heard you loud and clear. "Why don't you want your parents to come to pick you up?" She asked—--- "It's not that," You replied. Shinyoung looked at you puzzlingly; "I'll tell you later," You said and went in the car.

"Shinyoung, how are you and your parents?" "They're wonderful, Mrs. Hwang, " your mom asked," Shinyoung replied. "Great! Send our greeting to them," Your parents uttered in unison—-- "Y/N, don't forget to text me later," Shinyoung said, making you nod in agreement.

You waved at her as the driver drove away; you looked at your parents—-- "Why did you suddenly pick me up?" You asked. "We can't pick up our children from school?" Your mom replied with a questioning tone.

"Yeah, I mean you can—-but Hyunjin and I always take the bus home," You replied—-- "Well, there is a reason we pick you up," Your father said. You knew it and looked at him; "What is the reason?" You asked, preparing yourself. Your parents looked at each other, contemplating who would tell the news.

Your father takes a deep breath because he knows your temper—-- "Y/N, I know you'll be upset—before we send you to Auckland; we want you to marry into the Cha family," Your father said. "Wait a minute! What do you mean by marriage?" You asked—---------- "Dad, I'm [Insert your age] and still, I have a long time to get married," You said.

"Y/N, this is for the sake of the company!" Your mom said—-------- "It doesn't matter; I'm not marrying someone I've never met," You said. "You have met him before—-but both of you were children," Your mom said.