~The Royal Ball (Fedex)~ (+slight Sophiana)

Since I got all of my requests done, I thought I'd treat myself to my all-time favorite KOTLC ship: Fedex!

This ship fits into many likeable tropes, such as the infamous enemies to lovers trope, an absolute classic on Wattpad. I feel like Dex liked Fitz at some point in the series without actually knowing that was a crush, and not a rivalry.

Here's a word of advice: straight people don't call the hot guy who they've hated for years for little to no reason Wonderboy. Just sayin'.

For this one shot idea, I wanted to be a little more...creative. So I went with an AU! Fitz is a royal prince and Dex is a palace gardener. You can see where I'm going with this, I'm sure. A little cliche, but still a super cool idea.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Fitz's POV✩

"Fitzroy! Come down! Princess Sophie will be expecting us very soon!" King Alden called out to his son upstairs, who was definitely, one hundred percent, totally getting ready.

Spoiler alert: he was not.

Fitzroy looked at himself in the mirror and stared into his own teal eyes. Maybe if he stood there, staring into them, he'd find some kind of excuse to get out of this horrible event or maybe even a plan to escape.

But his teal eyes gave him no answer; only waves of calm ocean rippling on the surface of the sea. Clearly they weren't meant for anything but cosmetic advantages.

Fitz glared at himself one last time, pleading his mind for an answer to his prayers.

But Mirror Fitz glared back.

Because Mirror Fitz was a reflection.

"Fitzroy!" his dad called, clearly irritated.

"Coming, dad!" Fitz yelled down and adjusted his aquamarine crown before running down the stairs.

Alden turned his nose up at Fitz's hairstyle, but said nothing as he guided Fitz and his sister, Biana, who was just as excited for this event as Fitz was himself, into the royal carriage.

As Fitz and Biana sat down on the cushioned seats of the carriage, or, as they secretly named it when they were younger, the Pumpkin of Doom, they exchanged a look that said a lot of things.

But none of those things were, Hooray, another magnificent ball!

Fitz hated balls just as much, if not more, then his sister. They lasted several hours, and it only took half an hour for Fitz's feet to get cramped in his tight fancy ballroom shoes. At least Biana got to sit down on her throne, pretending to admire the men giving her winks and smirks while Fitz danced for five hours straight.

The problem would be solved if Fitz's dad didn't insist on Fitz wearing such uncomfortable shoes, but apparently they were the only shoes that were "noble enough".

But what Fitz's dad didn't understand was, uncomfortable shoes and nobility were two very, very different things.

Biana grabbed Fitz's hand in hers, and they exchanged glances of sympathy to each other, a resource that was rarely distributed in the Vacker family. Fitz was grateful he had at least one person who understood what it was like to be a Vacker.

Biana grinned at Fitz while pointing to a hidden compartment in the backseat of the carriage. Fitz matched her perfect grin, and pulled out a grimy whiteboard Fitz and Biana found on the sidewalk when they were five.

In the carriage, Fitz and Biana weren't supposed to talk to each other. Alden discouraged the idea because he claimed it was more elegant to only talk when back to home. So they communicated via writing. Thankfully, nobody bothered to look back at the siblings. Nobody had for a long time.