Chapter 7: Sticks & Scythe

"Hide! I'm okay here! Save yourselves!" Anne whispers her warning.

Thankfully, the two girls stash themselves behind a counter.

While Anne ties the cloth around her mouth, hiding the unlatched handcuff under her palm and pretends to sleep. Right before the intruders twist the knob and open the door wide.

"Whew, that brunette kid was intense to clutch! I think she broke my shin!" A man complains.

"She punched me in the eye!" A woman replies, groaning.

"Quit it guys." A third party intervenes.

Sasha and Marcy plan for a quick and painless strategy, instead of whispering. They exchange hand gestures for efficiency.

Sasha signals (through hand language) that they will lure them into a distraction and knock them. Three birds in two stones.

Marcy agrees and amplifies the plan, If they get caught, she will use her bow and arrows from afar better. To disarm whatever is in their enemy's hands.

They both nod in the arrangement. They take in their positions quickly. Sasha picks up a stone and hurls it to the farthest corner.

"What's that?" The man asks. "That way!" He points where the sound was, leading the comrades to follow after him.

Sasha takes her move. Her eyes narrowed and burned with adrenaline. Marcy stood up and readies her bow.

Anne sets the cuffs down, pulling down the cloth in her mouth in a span of her finger. They both crouch to approach their enemy.

Sasha hands over the other stick to Anne, as they creep closer, the blonde raises her elbow and signals the non-lethal knockdown.

In the blink of an eye, they took a choke hold of the two and put down the unconscious bodies.

"Huh?" The man turns around just in time to get hit in the head by Marcy's plastic arrow.

"Oh yeah, baby! Headshot!" Marcy jumps up and down in victory.

"Sash, Marce, let's get out of here!" Anne turns and rushes to the exit.

"Right back at ya!" Marcy claims and follows Anne.

Sasha refuses, instead, she grabs the collar of the guard and almost gently slams him against the wall.

"Who sent you? How dare you kidnapped my friend-"

Something drops on the floor from the man's hand, Sasha looks down to see a walkie-talkie.

"Oh, crud."

Sasha lets go of the man and run off to warn her friends. "Girls! Don't go-"

The door burst out a surprise attack by a couple of buff wardens with electric batons in their hands.

The girls quickly leap before the door violently opens, thankfully unharmed, and raise their weapons, with the threat in their face.

More guards come in "Lower your weapons and stand down."

The girls made their formation flawlessly, Anne speaks, "Question is, are you guys a fraud then kidnapped us?"

The lead guard is impatient, "Kid, put your weapons down. This ain't a role play"

Their appearance says otherwise, they have dried blood on their neck and scrunched their nose in irritation. There is no space for trust and open-mindedness.

Sasha shakes her head, "More like a real kidnap and girls trafficking. We're not letting you take us."

Marcy nods in agreement and points her arrow at the leader. "Come and get us."