~Ditching (Sokeefe)~

If you asked a random KOTLC fan their favorite ship, the chance of their answer being Sokeefe is almost as high as 75%, which is SUPER crazy considering the amount of ships in this series (both canon and fanon). Which is exactly why it's not hard to see why when I asked some people in a roleplay what ship I should write about, two people, Sarah_Starsky and -MallowmxltGirl579-, both suggested Sokeefe.

This ship honestly has an overwhelmingly massive chance of becoming canon, and it's not like I'm complaining, since Sokeefe means both Dex and Fitz are single, wink wink. I'm more of a  Sophiana person myself, but this ship is definitely super cute.

So, here ya go! Enjoy!

Post-writing: Oh my god, coming from a lesbian, that is definitely enough straight fanfic writing for today. Grapes is so out. Bye guys!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Sophie's POV✩

"C'mon, Foster!" Keefe whined, grabbing my shoulders and shaking them until I mentally gave up on refusing his offer.

"Fine," I grumbled. "I'll ditch class with you, but only because Lady Galvin is sick and the substitute is useless."

"Yay!" Keefe said, jumping up and down, making other prodigies turn our way and giggle at us, causing my cheeks to feel on fire. Keefe looked over his shoulder at a passive-aggressive Fitz giving us the signature Dex death glare he was taught yesterday.

"See you then, Keefe," I said, dumping my leftovers into the trash.

"It's a date, Foster!" Keefe yelled, making even more prodigies laugh at us. I sighed.

Today was going to be a long day.

***

As the bell rang for alchemy, I turned the opposite way I was supposed to be going to meet Keefe at his ditching area. Finding should've been a challenge, but Keefe slipped a small note in my locker giving me directions from where he knew I was. I smiled at the little cartoonish drawing of himself surrounded by sparkles Keefe drew on his note.

The doodle was holding up his arms which were comically drawn to look stupidly muscular and a little bubble quote said "Go Foster!", which made me feel weirdly warm inside.

I shook the feeling away, pushing it deeper down into my chest.

Not the time, Fo-Sophie, I told myself firmly.

I smiled as my eyes read the very last line of instructions, saying "Find Lord Hunkyhair under the staircase on the right!". My chestnut eyes gazed upon a blonde boy under the staircase, gleaming with delight as he saw me make the final turn.

"I was worried you were lost," Keefe said as I plopped against the wall beside him.

"Wow, you had a lot of faith in me," I remarked. Keefe laughed, and my heart did a weird fluttery thing.

Not the time, Sophie, I repeated.

"No, I didn't mean it like that!" Keefe reassured. His eyes took on a teasing glint and he smirked. "Okay, maybe I did, but..."

I smacked his head. "You jerk!" I laughed. Keefe and I laughed for what seemed like hours before I heard a slight clacking against the staircase above us. Keefe's eyes widened as he turned to look at me before he pressed the wall behind the staircase once, then twice, then for a third time before a secret compartment opened, barely big enough to fit two people sitting down next to each other.

I hastily stepped inside, as Keefe went in right after. Keefe pressed the wall two times in two different places, making a clickity clack sound against the stone wall before the door shut just as a figure stepped down the last step of the stairs.

Click.

I blushed a dusty pink and I felt Keefe's chest press against my chin as I looked up at him.

"Woah, Foster, those are some interesting emotions you got there," Keefe smirked at me. I blushed bright red, forcing myself to turn away from his icy blue eyes like winter sky.

"How do we get out of here?" I mumbled, still looking away from him.

"Jeez, do you really want to get away from me that badly?" Keefe teased, but his eyes held a trace of hurt in them that made me want to hug him.

"No, it's just..." I sighed. "Keefe, I like you." At this point, I resembled a tomato. Keefe's eyes shone with happiness, content, and something else I couldn't understand.

"I like you too, Foster," Keefe breathed out. He grabbed my chin to turn his icy blue eyes toward mine. He pulled my face into his, kissing me gently before pulling away and hugging me as tight as he possibly could.