I pinky promise

Illumi pov
I sit on the floor of Hisoka's living room as I clean his bloody nose.
"I told you to be more careful". "And I was" he replied. I gave him a look that said really hisoka. "What I was I really was My Darling" he states. "Sure you were" was the only thing I said back. "Come on illu if I was always careful we wouldn't have moments like this" he says. I start to work on his arm and I pull on his bandage "Ow" hisoka whines. "Sorry" I responded quite coldly. "Are you okay" he asks. "No I don't like watching you almost get yourself killed" I answer. "Okay I'm sorry I promise to be more careful next time" he said holding out his pinky. "No, I'm not going to do that stupid pinky promise thing with you" I state firmly. "Pretty please with a cherry on top" he begs. "Fine" I sigh giving in to his childish antics. "Yay I knew you loved enough for thar to work" he says as I roll my eyes at him.

After cleaning him up and sewing his clothes back to how they were we head to bed.

Time skip brought to you by my failing grades💀

I woke up to an empty bed. It's not very unusual so I went downstairs to get something to eat. When I reach the kitchen I notice a note on the counter. I picked it up and read it.

I got a mission late tonight and decided to go. I wrote this so you wouldn't worry like I know you are. P.S I promise I'll be careful.

Stupid Hisoka I wasn't worried. Okay maybe a little it's only bc he usually won't to this long on missions.

Time skip brought to you by my collection of oversized hoddies

As time flew by I began to worry more but I couldn't figure out why. It's 10:00 pm now and I can't stop feeling like something is wrong. Do I go out to find him.

Time skip brought to you by my coconut shampoo

After hours of searching I finally found him. But not in the way I would hive liked to. In front of my eyes all I see is the body of the man I've come to care for and love. I fall to my knees next to the side of the cold bloody body of the man I love.

"WHY HISOKA. WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO DAMN RECKLESS. HUH. WHY DID YOU GO ON THAT STUPID MISSION. WHY DID YOU LIE. WHY DID YOU BREAK OUR PROMISE. WHY WOULD YOU LIE. WHY DID YOU PROMISE YOU'D BE CAREFUL IS YOU KNEW IT WAS ALL A LIE JUST TO GET ME OFF YOUR ASS ABOUT HOW RECKLESS YOU ARE. I UNDERSTAND SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO FIGHT BUT SOMETIMES ITS OKAY TO BACK DOWN. WHY DIDN'T YOU BACK DOWN. WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME" I screamed.

As I finished screaming I feel something warm and wet on my face. Tears. I alow my self to sob not caring that assains aren't supposed to. I lie my head on his chest crying to myself.

Time skip brought to you by my shiny shoes

I finally stop crying. I decided to do something for him I dig hole to bury him in. Before I let go and set him down to rest peacefully I wrap my pinky around his. "I pinky promise to love you forever and to never cry for anyone else. I feel my self beginning to cry again so I lay him down gently. Fill the hole and put a flower in the dirt. I get up looking at my pinky. I walk away as my tears finally stop.

Time skip brought to you by my hand cramps

It been 3 years since Hisoka's passing and I'm still keeping my pinky promise.