1.

Story started two years ago in 2022 but never continued it, because I got tired of it being in drafts I'm publishing it instead of deleting it. Will I ever continue it? That is the question. (Warning, use of alcohol and drugs mentioned, as well as violence.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was running for my life from a bunch of drunk guys. My legs were burning, every step I took the pain got worse and worse. The wind blowing on my face as my hair kept getting on the way of my eyes, making it hard to see. I spotted a bus almost ready to take off in the distance. I ran faster than I already was if that was even possible. The guys behind hollered for me to get back. I don't know how they managed to keep up with me while being drunk. They all seemed to be at least in their thirties, pretty impressive if they can run for so long

Not that it mattered.

I jumped into the bus almost bumping into people. They gave me weird looks as I quickly sat at the very back ducking my head down, hoping the drunk men wouldn't spot me. Before they could get anywhere close, the bus doors closed and took off. I looked out the big window and saw the men had stopped in their tracks and started to shout a bunch of nasty words. I sighed feeling relieved, resting my head on the window as I looked out.

Once the bus arrived near where I lived, I rushed out and walked quickly to my house. I looked through one of the house windows and noticed that the living room lamp was on, meaning my father was either awake or fell asleep watching tv or doing something.

Slowly I put the house key into the door nob and quietly opened the door. After getting inside I closed and locked it. I darted straight to my room attempting not to make any sort of sound as I walked up the staircase and only made it halfway.

I failed.

"Y/n, was that you?" My father shouted from the living room. I groaned quietly not wanting to deal with him. If he knew I was hanging around the bar selling red ice he would kill me. "Y/n get down here." He said rather harshly. I slowly walked back down the stairs peeking my head to search for my father who was already sitting on the couch.

"Come sit." He patted the seat in front of him which was an arm chair. I did as I was told and sinked into it.

"What is it?" I looked down at the floor not wanting to face him.

"Where were you?" He had an angry tone to his voice almost demanding an answer out of me.

"At the park." I lied.

"Are you lying?" He raised an eyebrow. He always knew when I lied since I was a little girl. I just can't wrap my finger to find what it is that he does to figure it out.

"Fine. I was selling red ice at the bar again." His face was burning red filled with anger. I knew he hated when I did that, it only got me in trouble even though I was twenty two. Besides that, the reason he forbids me from selling the red ice is because once a man tried to kidnap me, which in my defense only happened once.

"I'm sorry, but I just want to make extra money to help out with rent and food." I felt guilt looking at my father as I noticed his face expression had soften.

"I've told you many times to not worry about that. I can do this myself." He took a deep breath letting go of his anger. Everything was silent for a moment. It felt like being in a deserted island. Empty and quiet.

"How many?" He broke the silence.

"About four?" I replied.

He nodded his head, making his hand into a fist and letting go. "At any moment you can be kidnapped, you know that right?"

I shook my head understanding perfectly.

"They know you as a drug dealer, and that's not a good label." He continued.

"But I know how to protect myself!" I stated.

"No you don't." He looked me dead in the eyes. He clenched his jaw before speaking again. "Not only do they go to you for red ice but what else would they want from a girl just standing there by herself?" He almost yelled.

"I know I know." I answered quietly.

"I'm getting you an android." He said almost hesitating to speak.

"What? No way. I don't need one." I got up on my feet. My legs felt like jello. Just standing felt like bricks laying on top my shoes. I should be used to running a lot by now, but I can't seem to get a habit of it. Every time I ran was from fear and trying to save myself from danger.

"I think it's best for you, especially with all these men that are always bothering. It'll protect you and keep you safe." He stood up placing a pillow back onto the couch that he was holding.

"Those things kill their owners. Have you not been keeping up with the news lately?" I threw my hands in the air.

"Y/n I'm sorry, but it's too late." My father took the last sip from a water bottle and crushed it after he was finished with it.

"Fine. But if it tries anything I will destroy it myself." I made my way back to my room. I closed the door and my tablet started to ring as I plopped onto my bed. I took a look at the screen to see a picture of my best friend Noelle. "Hey." I answered.

"Y/n are you alright?" Noelle sounded worried.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"I saw you running for your life earlier from those little dirt bags." She growled.

"Yes I'm fine." I giggled at her response.

"It's not funny. Next time bring me with you. I'll take them down myself." She started showing off her ninja moves.

"Yeah yeah." I laughed.

"Did your father find out?" Noelle asked.

"Of course he did. He always does." I sighed turning to my side.

"I need to teach you how to become a better liar." She shook her head in disappointment.

"Yeah well you should've done that years ago. He's getting me an android." I groaned.

"Oh come on. Give it a chance, maybe it's a good idea."

"Only time will tell." I didn't think it was a good idea. I just hated the fact that I would have to be around an android. They've killed their owners in the past and as much as I actually don't want to be alive, I still don't want to be killed.

"When will you get it?" Noelle looked rather curious.

"Don't know yet." I walked up to my only window in my room looking out.

"Sending you luck with it Y/n, I would love to stay on call but I have to go." She seemed annoyed at whatever was happening on her end. We said our goodbyes and ended the call.

As I placed my tablet on my night stand I noticed the time read 10:27 pm, so I went to my closet looking for clothes to find something I could change into. I grabbed a plain white t-shirt and black shorts. Quickly I  changed and took what I was wearing earlier into a basket filled with other dirty clothes that needed to be washed. I fixed my hair hoping it wouldn't be a mess in the morning.

I flopped back into my bed and covered myself with my blanket. Once I got into a comfortable position I drifted off to sleep.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Peacefully eating my pancakes I heard a knock at the door, making me a bit annoyed. Who visits someone at this hour? It's way too early to socialise. "Great." I murmured underneath my breath.

My father speed walked to the front door and greeted whoever was there. "Y/n, come meet your android!" He cheered.

I wasn't expecting it would be here so soon. Actually I was hoping it wouldn't come at all. My dad came in followed by a figure behind him. It was the android. It walked to the side of my dad and stared at me for a moment.

"My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by CyberLife."