Chapter 12

Twelve
𖧷

Going Out For A Picnic

Percy had been missing since we lost Clarisse's ship by the explosion with Tyson. The only thing we could find was a half eaten knapsack.

There was a pair of monster sisters with tentacles that were guarding the entrance to the Bermuda Triangle right behind us, and they didn't let any other way of going back out.

The sea was nothing more than water and drowned things. The fish were now desperately swimming away from our boat that was as fast as a torpedo, instead of the sea current from sea monsters. Not even a single land was above the water.

In resume, I was having a pretty shitty day.

With the wind, we were pushed for about 15 minutes, then we were let off in the middle of nowhere, with just small waves no longer than 2 feet shaking the boat and taking it to a random direction.

"Damn it," I hissed out in anger after we had stopped. "We've been moving for miles, and there's still no sign of an island. Even better, we lost two children of Poseidon and a whole, full ship, just because Clarisse had the brilliant idea of going for a path that's basically suicide."

I kicked the front end of the boat in rage, it tipped and let out a small wave flowing forward by the nose of the ship.

"(y/n), calm down," Annabeth called.

"Why should I?" I shot my arms up and shouted with annoyance. "We have no way of getting out alive of this one, Annabeth!"

"Uhm," Annabeth gulped. "(y/n)?"

"I'm not strong enough to get the Golden Fleece. You basically don't have powers. We lost Percy, Tyson and Clarisse," I listed. "We're better off dead than fighting the damn Cyclops by ourselves!"

"(y/n)!"

"What?!"

"Look!" Annabeth pointed for the sea.

We had been dislocated from the empty spaces full of water and fish, and there was now a beach right in front of us. The water under us was shaking violently, like a storm had just ended and the water was still taken aback.

"What?" I breathed out.

"You brought us somewhere," Annabeth explained.

"No, I didn't. I didn't do anything, I just-just-"

"Just controlled the waves," Annabeth finished.

Before I could respond any further, Annabeth pushed me by my wrist and ran into the beach sand.

Annabeth scoffed. "Who said you're not strong enough? If you could bring us here, you could fight against a monster without Percy's help. You did it with the laistrygonians, you shouldn't be scared of another monster."

"But I'm not as strong as him," I said. "I don't even know how to control my own domain, imagine fighting against an immense Cyclops."

"Whatever," Annabeth rolled her eyes playfully and started walking down the beach, toward the middle of the island. "Come, boy."