Maybe

This is my official entry to Wattpad AmbassadorsPH "Write-A-Thon Challenge" for the month of June with the theme: Hello, Love.

Maybe
By: LadyRose011

Word count: 298

Some say "Love is a choice". That we are bound to choose. But how would you know if he's the right one?

When I was a teenager, Someone told me that I would know when the time comes. If he makes me happy, safe and protected. The one who can bring out the best of me.

You'll just have to listen to your heart.

I had no idea what that meant. Until I found Troy. We've been together for 4 years. I would say he's my other half. We understand each other. He makes me happy. We see ourselves growing old together.

But suddenly those dreams shattered into pieces. Troy got a job and needed to leave. Long distance relationship didn't work for us. So we ended our relationship.

I was devastated until someone saved me from my misery... Charlie, Troy's best friend. He was there when I needed someone. He's the one who picked up my broken pieces and taught me how to regain myself again. We became friends and eventually we fell in love.

Years later, he proposed to me and I said yes.

We were so happy, but not until we heard the news that Troy is back. When I first saw him again, my heart went crazy and I got confused.

So I took time to look back.

I closed my eyes and listened to what my heart's desire.

As I opened my eyes, I realized that...

Charlie was my safe haven while Troy was my home.

Kinausap ko si Charlie at nanghingi ako ng tawad. Mas maigi na magpakatotoo ako sa nararamdaman ko bago pa mahuli ang lahat.

Charlie was my maybe.

Pinagtagpo kami ngunit hindi tinadhana.

Maybe in our next life, ipagpapatuloy ang naudlot naming kwento and we'll have our happy ending.

THE END