~Try (Kam)~

I decided to write another ship today, since I just finished my last day of school. And I also wanted to write a new ship that I haven't written yet. So I decided to write some Kam!

Kam has the potential to be one of the best relationships EVER, but Shannon is wasting that potential in a way that makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs. The only reason I don't like this ship is because of the canon circumstances. But otherwise, it's extremely cute.

Now, here you go!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Keefe's POV✩

Rain trickled down my velvet coap and soaked through my boots and clothes, and my shoes made a gross squishing sound every time I pressed my foot against the cold ground. But I couldn't stop now. This was the least I could do.

For the Black Swan.

For my friends.

For Sophie.

My stomach churned at the thought of her name, making me want to hurl as I imagined her furious expression if she knew what I was doing.

That's why I couldn't fail. I came this far, and Ro surely has realized I've ran away and has called everyone else.

But if I come back and announce what that I've succeeded in killing my mom, their faces will totally be worth it.

I could almost imagine Sophie's face lighting up with joy as all her stress and troubles float away.

Well, most of them. But Mommy Dearest was Sophie's biggest threat right now.

My thoughts drifted over to Tam. How would he feel about-

Wait. Since when did I care what Bangs Boy thought?

I shook off my doubts like little droplets of water and pushed my legs to go faster. The London sidewalk was slippery under my feet, but it was like my mind didn't fully comprehend that. The only thing it knew was that it had to catch my mom.

My heart skipped a beat as a shadow of a figure in front of me, came into view, mostly covered by the thick fog coating the streets of London. But I knew it was my mother. It had to be!

A stupid smile curved itself onto my lips as I charged after my mom. She didn't seem to notice the boy slipping in the concrete towards her until she put up her hand to signal something.

A bright purple glowing force field formed around her at the last second as I sprinted towards her. The purple bubble knocked me back, throwing me onto the cold, wet ground. I looked up to see my mom's face over me and the force field gone. My heart stopped for a moment as I saw what was in her hand.

She grabbed my elbow to trap me in her grasp. Not that I could move either way. I was busy focusing on the sharp dagger in her hand, the shiny metal reflecting my terrified face back to me.

"I'm sorry, Keefe," Lady Gisela said to me, not sounding sorry at all. "But I'm afraid you've...run out of uses." She held up the shiny dagger. "It's time to say goodbye."

"NO!" I shouted as she lowered the knife. But as I looked at my reflection in the knife, my mouth never opened. Instead, a strong voice coming from my left bellowed the words.

A figure tackled my mom and rolled her onto the ground, taking the hand out of her hands. My eyes widened as I saw the silvery shine of the figure's bangs, and the angry expression I've seen plenty of times.

Tam!

"Tam!" I cried as the small boy held the knife right above my mom's face. He turned to me while still clutching the dagger in his hand, with the other pinning my mom to the ground.

I gazed at my mother's mortified face, looking at me with desperate ice blue eyes, begging me to tell Tam to let her go.

Part of me wanted to kill her. To end it all. To end the suffering of so many people. To save my friends from her evil schemes.

The other part was stupid. It made me want to hide, to scream at Tam, to beg him to spare my mother's life. The part that wouldn't listen.

"Don't kill her," I said to Tam. "Just tie her up."

Tam looked at me, before nodded and pulling a long rope out of one of his pockets and tying her hands and legs together. He picked her up, and ran towards me.

I held up the crystal to the dim light of the moon peeking through the stormy gray clouds of the night, and light leaped the three of us to Havenfield.

Calling Sophie and the rest of Team Valiant, Fitz, Linh, Marella, Edaline and Grady, Elwin, Mr. Forkle, and anyone I could to come to me and Tam right now, I set up my mother down on the wet grass of Havenfield.

"Are you okay?" Tam asked me, his silver eyes shining with concern. I nodded at him, smiling at the fact that he cared.

"Good," Tam said, giving me a moment of silence to bask in Tam's care. But then original Bangs Boy returned. "Now what the fuck were you thinking?"

I laughed softly. "Honestly? No idea, Bangs Boy."

Tam rolled his eyes, but there was still a small glint of concern in his eyes. "Well, at least we got your mom." Tam pointed to Lady Gisela's limp body lying on the grass. "I punched her to knock her out."

I chuckled. "More like you got her. I didn't do much except be an idiot."

Tam shrugged. "No arguments here. Next time, just..." Tam sighed, running his hands through his silver bangs, which were illuminated by the shining moon. "Be careful, okay? Maybe bring Ro? Or...me?"

I smiled. "Do you seriously think I'm ever going to agree to that, Bangs Boy?"

Tam chuckled, looking up at the bright moon almost dreamily. "One can hope. But probably not." Tam grabbed Keefe's hand. "So just promise to...not try to die."

Keefe grinned. "I can try."

"Good." Tam leaned in and kissed Keefe's cheek, then picked up Lady Gisela and ran to the glittery manor of Havenfield, but not before winking, leaving Keefe with a bright red face wondering what just happened.