Then - The Betrayal

*****Hi guys,

Barron's Second Chance is now LIVE on KU. It has been heavily edited with two extra chapters added (prologue and epilogue). There's also a sneak peak of the next couple's story. Can you guess who it is? I was not planning on telling their story, but I couldn't get him out of my mind.

If you've read and loved BSC, please consider leaving a review.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPRYWK49/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2L56YLMQKCQP2&keywords=barron%27s+second+chance&qid=1670827532&sprefix=%2Caps%2C289&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B0BPRYWK49?geniuslink=true ****

Sneak Peak of BSC:

The first inkling Eden had that something was wrong was on the third week of her five week vacation with her Mom. It was the summer break before her senior year in highschool and they were currently visiting her grandparents who had relocated to sunny Pensacola, Florida.

Eden hadn't wanted to go. What seventeen year old wanted to spend the last of their summer break hanging with their Mom and Grandparents? She wanted to spend it with her best friend, Sofia, and her boyfriend of three years, Barron.

She had been friends with Barron since they were four years old. With their Moms being best friends, it was hard to ignore each other. Their friendship grew into an all consuming crush, a few heated glances and awkward flirtations. It all came to head at her first boy/girl party hosted by Brad Templeton at his parent's basement.

After checking several times that the adults were sufficiently busy upstairs with their wine and snacks, Brad cheekily declared that they were to play a game of seven minutes in heaven.
He didn't have a wardrobe in the basement where said "heaven" could occur, but he did have a long curtain that he quickly pegged in place on a rope that hung across the rafters. It was long enough to cover head to toe, but anyone could peak behind and see the action.

When it came time for Barron to spin the bottle, Eden's heart was beating out of her chest and her palms were damp with sweat. She wanted desperately for the bottle to land on her but was also so nervous if it did.

She had kissed a boy before but nothing hot and heavy. Barron, too, had already had his first kiss; if the bragging from Lissa Kelston could be believed.
She had glanced at the pretty ice blonde girl sitting across from her who was staring at Barron with a sultry glint in her eye. Jealousy had sliced through her at the thought of Lissa and Barron disappearing behind the peach coloured curtain.

But her worry was for nothing. Her heart had leapt with joy when the brown glass bottle had without a doubt pointed directly at her. Her light blue eyes had clashed with his hazel ones. In them, she read every emotion he was feeling. He wanted this. Wanted her.

He had stood and held his hand out to her to help pull her up. Ignoring their classmate's hooting and hollering, they disappeared behind the curtain for a lot more than seven minutes. In fact, they only came up for air when their classmates had gotten bored and had yanked the curtain back. They had all gotten a good show of her arms around Barron's neck, his hands on her ass and their tongues deep in each other's mouths.

Since that night, they had been inseparable. So in love and she had been so sure that they were going to be together forever. Not a day went by that they didn't text, call or video chat with each other, if they weren't already spending every second of every day in each other's presence.

So that was why it was so peculiar that Eden hadn't heard from him in two days. She knew that his cousin, Simon, was visiting for Summer break and that they would be busy hanging out.
But at the start of her trip to Florida, Barron had been in constant contact. Towards the beginning of their third week apart, however, he seemed distant; almost eager to get off the phone. When she had confronted him, he had excused his behavior by saying that his cousin was keeping him occupied and so she hadn't thought anything more of it.
She missed him desperately and was having serious withdrawal symptoms from not being able to be near him or talk to him whenever she wanted.