~Picnic (Sokeefe)~

This oneshot is a gift for one of my loyal readers, aka @Sophie98765432 , because their favorite ship is Sokeefe and I have no requests so I don't know what ships to write.

PLEASE GIVE ME MORE REQUESTS I AM LITERALLY BEGGING YOU IT GIVES ME A REASON TO PROCRASTINATE ON MY STORY THATS ACTUALLY HARD TO WRITE BECAUSE FOR SOME REASON ONESHOTS ARE RIDICULOUSLY EASY FOR ME TO WRITE WHILE STORIES CONTAINING PLOT ARE LIKE SO MUCH HARDER

*clears throat* Anyways...

Enjoy, you Sokeefe shippers!

Post-writing note: Oh my god, I'm not even a couple paragraphs in, and this is the fluffiest thing I've ever written.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Keefe's POV✩

"Keefe! Your girlfriend is at the door, so you should probably get it before Lord Boringpants beats you!!" Ro shouted from downstairs. I grinned with delight, and slapped my drawing sketchbook closed before running down the stairs to greet Sophie.

I grabbed a woven basket filled with butterblasts, mallowmelt, starkflower stew, rifflepuffs, and some human stuff I picked up from Dex topped with a couple bunches of flowers for decoration.

Sophie stood at the door, wearing a golden yellow sundress that boasted the gold flecks in her brown eyes. She blushed a slight pinkish hue as she gazed at the overflowing basket of food and flowers, but said nothing as she flung her arms around my neck, burying her face in my shoulders. I sank into the hug, dropping the basket of goodies at my feet as I kissed her on the cheek.

"Thank you," she whispered. "I know the days with Cassius has been-"

"It's fine, Foster!" I smiled. "It's the least I could do."

She smiled at me, and I took the moment to stare into the swirls of her chestnut eyes reflecting rays of sunlight like a crystal pool of water. The gold flecks in her eyes swam around, dancing in the sunlight gracefully.

"Are we going to go anytime soon?" Sophie teased. I smiled at her, and picked up the basket with one hand and took her hand with mine in the other.

"Look, Foster, it's a black swan!" I gasped as I pointed to a graceful black bird in the peaceful pond to our right.

Sophie smiled at the swan. "I never realized how much more beautiful the black ones were until now. But they're just so much more..."

"Unique?" I finished.

Sophie smiled again. "Yeah, unique."

"You know what animal is even better?" I asked Sophie, who shook her head no.

"Gulons!"

"Are you gonna ever tell me what the Great Gulon Incident is?" Sophie laughed.

"Probably not," I admitted. "All you need to know is that it was awesome."

Sophie looked at me lovingly. "Of that I have no doubt."

We walked in a comfortable silence for a while, admiring the sunbathing green grass soaking up the light as tree branches swayed in the gentle breeze. The dandelions danced together in the wind as their seeds blowed away gradually.

I looked over at Sophie, who was frowning seriously, looking at the ground while deep in thought.

"Hey," I said, grabbing her hand. "You okay?"

She forced a smile. "Yeah."

I gave her a suspicious glance for a few seconds before Sophie sighed. "Whenever I  let myself be alone with my thoughts, I end up thinking about the Neverseen and how..."

"The Neverseen isn't here right now," I pointed out, pointing my finger to a blonde elf sitting down, reading a book. "Does that look like Alvar to you?"

Sophie giggled. "I suppose not- wait, it kinda does!"

I tipped my head, stopping to stare at the blonde girl. "Does she?"

Sophie cackled, throwing her head back in amusement. "Same pretty face!"

"Hey!" I yelled at the girl, making her put her book down. "Is your name Alvar?"

The girl looked at me like I was insane, which I knew from experience was the perfect time to bolt away in laughter, Sophie following me hastily.

We ducked behind a tall, old oak tree as we burst into giggles. People on the trail gave us weird looks, but we didn't pay much attention. As our laughter died from, I pulled her face to mine and locked my lips with hers.

Sophie sank into the kiss, and gripped my arms with her warm hands. We pulled away, and erupted into cackles again.