Chapter 2-Meeting the "Brats"

The team met up at the mountain before making their way to Bruce Wayne's manor when Aqualad speaks up, "I just want to make it clear, we will not be rude to Bruce Wayne's sons. We will treat them with respect no matter how they treat us. They are children after all."

Wally and Artemis both groan. Wally agrees but Artemis speaks up, "you know I go to school with one of them. Dick Grayson, he's a hotshot kid that gets almost perfect grades. It's a pain to be around him."

"Even so, we need to be nice to them all. It's our mission to protect them." Aqualad states and Artemis reluctantly agrees to be niceish. Miss Martian makes the Bio ship invisible and lands it, they all exit and go up to the door. Aqualad knocks on the door and a butler opens the door. The older man smiles at them gently and lets them in. "Good evening young hero's. I am Alfred, I'm sorry but I will be having to take my leave soon. Allow me to show you to your rooms."

Alfred takes the five superheroes to five spare guest rooms. "This is where you will be staying for the time being, please make yourselves at home, I will go collect the young masters so we can make proper introductions." And with that the butler leaves.

"They have a freaking butler! No wonder he's so snobby all the time!" Artemis complains.

"Yeah, I bet they never had to work a day in their life." Wally complains as well.

Aqualad sighs, this will be a long month. "Let's just put our stuff away so we can meet them." Everyone nods and goes to their respective rooms.

———

Alfred goes to search for Dick since he is the easiest to find, he finds him on the trapeze yet again, blasting music and having a great performance, totally in the zone. He smiles softly to himself and leaves a note, he'll let him play for a bit longer.

Next he goes to find Tim, he finds him in his room on his computer. "Master Tim, the team is here. Would you please meet in the living room so we can make proper introductions?"

Tim nods and gets up, Alfred goes to find Damian next, Damian is in the training room, using his sword on a work-out doll. "Master Damian, the team has arrived. Would you please take a break and meet in the living room so we can make proper introductions?"

Damian groans and puts his sword away. "Fine, but if they insult Grayson their heads will be chopped on." Alfred nods and goes to find Jason, he has always been the hardest to find.

This time he finds Jason on the roof of the manor. "Master Jason, will you please come down to meet the team? We need to make introductions." Alfred asks gently and Jason groans.

"Do I have to Al? I don't want to deal with a bunch of teenagers that will just insult us for being snobby rich kids."

"It's important you be there master Jason, you don't have to be the nicest to them but it would be nice if you were cordial to them." Alfred says softly.

Jason groans and gets up, heading down to the living room. Alfred smiles and heads down, getting the team as well. Everyone is there except for Dick and the air is tense.

"Alfred where's Dick?" Tim asks and Alfred sighs gently.

"Most likely still on the trapeze, but I suggest we don't interrupt him. He's.. he's in the zone." The bats look between each other and giggle but agree to not go interrupt him.

"Let's get introductions started and hopefully Master Dick will be down shortly." Alfred states and everyone nods.

Aqualad suggests the team goes first. "Hello, I am Aqualad but you can call me Kaldur, the leader of the team."

Miss Martian goes next, "Hi! I'm Miss Martian! But you can call me Megan!"

Then Superboy though he seems to be on edge, probably because Damian is glaring at him. "Superboy, Conner."

"Artemis." Artemis says with a grumble and her arms crossed.

"Kidflash! But you can call me Wally! Nice to meet you." Kidflash says, he's going to try and be nice to the boys at first.

The bat boys nod and Jason goes first, "Jason Todd, resident asshole."

Tim rolls his eyes and elbows Jason in the gut. "Timothy Drake but I prefer Tim."

Damian on the other hand is just giving a bat glare at Superboy. Alfred clears his throat and the smallest one finally speaks up, "Damian Wayne."

The air is still tense but Miss Martian asks a question. "I'm curious, if you are all Bruce Wayne's children why do you all not share a last name?"

Artemis facepalms and Jason chuckles, going to say some snarky comment but Tim covers his mouth before he could. "We're all adopted other than Damian, he's Bruce's only biological child."

"Which makes me the best." Damian says as he crosses his arms and Jason removed Tim's hand from his mouth.

"We all know Dick is the best demon." He smirks and Damian huffs.

"It is true. Grayson is the best out of all of us. But I will surpass him soon enough!" Damian declares and Tim sighs, this will be a long month.

"I must be going now." Alfred says and the boys look between each other before tackling Alfred into a group hug. Alfred chuckles softly and pats their backs. "I'll be back soon, along with Master Bruce. Do take care of each other, especially master Dick. The anniversary is coming up soon." The boys nod and they all say their goodbyes, Alfred leaving to say goodbye to Dick.

"May I ask what this "anniversary" is that we may have to be weary about?" Aqualad asks.

"Ah well, we shouldn't tell. That's Dick's business so say. But just don't get mad at him for anything weird he does this next week okay?" Tim asks softly and the team nods confused.

"Well now that introductions are over I'm going." Jason waves and leaves.

"I will be taking my leave as well, I need to go back to training." Damian states and leaves in the opposite direction, leaving Tim alone with a group of super powered teens.

"So uhh, what do you guys like to do for fun? Cards?" Tim asks awkwardly. This really will be one long month.