Mind the Gap - ROMANCE

Title: Mind the Gap

Author: EvelynHail (along with RainerSalt)

Genre: Romance

Maturity warning: No warnings.

Blurb: Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass

A bond forms between them.

But will it hold when their trains are bound for different destinations?

Evan's heart has been bleeding since his little family was torn apart by divorce, and his nose runs with a cold. Trying to pick up the pieces of his life, he has changed cities, and he's about to change jobs. And he has run out of tissues.

A woman's blue hair catches his eye at a train station. And her smile, fortified by braces, catches his heart.

Sitting in her train, Iris revels in her future perfect. Her work is finally getting published and she has found Mr. Right. Nothing could go wrong now.

Gazing out of the window, she sees the stranger. He looks miserable and sneezes, but her hands want to tousle his bed hair.

A random encounter at a subway station. But both of them are caught in their tracks and when their trains pull apart, they don't expect to meet again.

Why we love it: This story is one of my personal favourites on Wattpad. It tells the beautiful story of two strangers, Evan and Iris, seeing each other through the windows of two opposite trains. As their lives continue, they meet each other more and more often, each time as memorable as the last, until they crane their necks waiting to spot the other. 

The characters in this story are simultaneously peculiar and incredibly relatable. Even better, thanks to the two different character POVs being written by two different authors, Evan and Iris both have an amazingly distinct voice. The plot is beautifully crafted, with a lovely, satisfying ending. 

Perfect for all romance fans. Although in all honesty, as someone who isn't particularly keen on romance myself and still adored this story, I'd highly recommend Mind the Gap to anyone.

Congratulations on an amazing book, EvelynHail. Please let us know: which Wattpad story would you recommend to other users?