The Last Werewolf - MYTHS & LEGENDS

Title: The Last Werewolf

Author: Dante_Greywolf

Genre: Myths & Legends, Werewolf

Maturity warning: No warnings.

Blurb: After the events of Ragnarök, the God Vidar has settled in the nice and quiet city of Antwerp where he keeps an eye on the local paranormal community

Blurb: After the events of Ragnarök, the God Vidar has settled in the nice and quiet city of Antwerp where he keeps an eye on the local paranormal community. Nearly a millennium later, Vidar is a grumbling bookstore owner by day and a lazy paranormal detective by night (albeit a slightly furry one during a full moon).

The morning after a particularly rough transition, the young teenage girl who normally wastes her days on the skatepark across the street enters his shop, fervently looking for a book on the legend of Brabo and Antigonus. As she struggles to pay, she reveals that the bronze giant has disappeared from the statue on the town square.

At the foot of the fountain now lies a body that has been dead for three hundred years.

Why we love it: This story isn't just based on a myth, it is infused with myths and legends. The Last Werewolf is based on the Norse myth about Vidar, who became a werewolf after killing Fenrir and surviving Ragnarök. It takes this myth all the way to our current world and shows us the effects of that act of so many years ago, on our world now. 

But even more impressive, in our opinion, is the way Belgian and Dutch folklore is also weaved into the story - not just in the background, but in the actual plotline. It is so beautifully done. The author has obviously done their myths & legends homework. 

On top of this wonderfully created world, they have also crafted memorable characters with unique voices. Characters you can't help but to root for. You simply can't stop reading. Very much recommended for fans of myth-based stories and urban fantasy/paranormal. We are eagerly awaiting Vidar #2!

Congratulations on an amazing book, Dante_Greywolf. Please let us know: which Wattpad story would you recommend to other users?