My flirty dormmate

I cycled through the bustling town on a crisp autumn morning. My eyes stung from the frigid wind. My backpack felt like it weighed tons on my back. God, how long is the journey to my new school?

The cold autumn breeze flowed through my silky brown hair as I rode down the vast, cracked land. A singular isolated tree stood whispering in the wind as graphite grey clouds consumed the light like a blanket.

Finally, There it was, Park High School, my dream school since I was only a child. What a towering, monstrous place... It looked like a cliché horror movie castle. No wonder my parents paid so much for it- a prestigious school like this was worth every penny. It was packed with stuffy, posh students. Something I'll never be...

Black crows soared overhead as I approached the daunting entrance, it had started raining vigorously. I couldn't risk ruining my uniform on the first day! I quickly parked my rickety, rusted bike and dashed inside.

I waltzed through the long, empty corridors, ignoring the overpowering butterflies in my stomach. Lights flickered daintily as I approached an intimidating, dark oak door with intricate engravings. The deputy headmistress's office. I trembled, knocking on the door.

"Enter!" she bellowed
I placed my hand on the silver, polished door knob and cautiously pushed it open.

A sleek, stylish woman in her 50's looked at me with sharp eyes and a faint smile. I smiled back as she gestured to a grand armchair opposite her. I, thanking her, sat down. She spoke with a stern tone,

" I have your timetable and dorm number and key. Do not lose any of them. Understood?"

I nodded assuringly and reached for them.

"You are dismissed."

I arose from my chair and reached for the door handle.

I pulled the oak, wooden door open and slowly stepped out. Where do I even start? I asked myself, gazing into the never ending abyss of hallways before me. I looked around, quickly noticing an unfamiliar shadow cast over me, before being blessed by a soft, deep voice,

"Now what's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?~"

"J-just...a bit lost?" I stuttered, turning around swiftly.

To my surprise, there stood a tall, soft-haired brunette boy...the boy of my dreams, glaring over me. At that moment, I felt my face go completely red with embarrassment.

He chuckled, "Well, for starters, what's your dorm number?"

"Um..."

I fumbled through my bag hurriedly.

"Dorm 249."

"Beautiful and lucky huh? I guess it's a win-win, c'mon I'll show you around."

"Guess I struck gold." I muttered sarcastically.

He took my hand, before guiding me up the spiraling staircase.

His hands were so soft...
"G-get your dirty mitts off of me, jerk!"

"Someone's a bit feisty, hm?" He teased.

"I guess you'll have to find your own way, cutie"
He released my hand and walked away

"Wait!...maybe I do need some help" Imumbled

"That's what I thought."
He took my hand once more as I tried to start some small talk.

"Hey, I never caught your name" I said, stopping for a split second.

"Damian, you?" He stated, gently tugging me back into a walk.

"Angela, you can call me angel for short"

"Wow...such a pretty name for such a pretty lady."

We reached the dorm. He smiled softly, opening the door. I stared inside.

"What a wreck!" It was crammed full of empty beer cans, clothes and shoes.

"Oh yeah... I had a party the other day.."

"You don't say.. This place is disgusting."

He pulled me into a room opposite, it was beautiful, divine! It had flowers and a bedspread to die for. He smiled and looked at me.

"Did you do this?"

"Indeed, impressed?" He smirked.

I pulled my luggage into the room, unzipping one of many large suitcases.

"Need some help, cutie?" He offered, reaching down, and helping me unpack my clothes.
I swatted his hand away,
"I can do things by myself , you know!" I scoffed.

"Blah, blah blah, you know you need me. '' he said teasingly, giving me a gentle nudge and beginning to fold clothes, placing them into the golden brown drawer beside me.

I gave in and let him pack away. Every so often I'd catch him staring at me but he'd look away as soon as I'd noticed.

Knock knock
There was someone at the door?..

"Stay here cutie, you must be exhausted. I'll answer the door." He said, anxiously.

A blonde girl stormed through the door, not giving him the time to open it for her. She screamed at him, accusing him of all kinds of things. Startled by the commotion, I crept out of my bedroom just in time to see him get slapped straight across the face, and hard!

"You have a g-girlfriend?.." I stuttered, dropping everything in my arms and staring in disbelief. I could feel my heart sink to the floor.

"Don't act innocent you little brat!" The blonde girl shrieked.
I covered my ears and cowered behind Damian

"Babe, it's not her fault...I can explain. Would you just give us some time alone?"

"Fine", she left the room on the verge of tears, slamming the door behind her.
He cupped my chin and I smacked his hand off of me.

"Don't touch me, jerk! I can't believe you would lie to me.."

"It's not what it looks like, her father is the headmaster of this school, a rich, powerful man. She and I did once date, but I ended it quickly due to her secretive, suspicious behavior. She reported me to her father and I was forced into a fake relationship." A tear rolled down his cheek as he dropped to his knees.

"I didn't know..i-i'm so sorry" I said, running my fingers through his soft hair, feeling guilty of swatting him away.

He stood up and his teary, emerald eyes locked with mine. I pulled him in by the clothes for a kiss but moments later the angry blonde stormed through the door, this time, with her father.

I froze.