PROLOGUE

The last thing I could remember seeing was some hooded, buff men, all dressed in black helmets and dark purple (almost black) hazmat-eques suits. All of them were carrying at least one AK-47. Before I could be terrified, I was cuffed and pulled away. I still remember the sound my rubber shoes made on the floor as I was being dragged against my will by these men whom I had never seen before in my life. It's funny how you could remember even the most mundane detail when you reminisce about an extraordinary incident in your life!

They pulled me into the back seat of their metallic-black van between two other muscular men whose muscle lines were visible even through the thickness of their bizarre suits. My mind was filled with all the mysteries I read and I fully expected to be blindfolded and stuffed with a piece of cloth in my mouth! But the only thing they had to do was to cuff me to my seat because the windows had a cooling film on them and also, they were painted pitch black. This made me realize that I wasn't the only one they seized or were planning to seize. I was oblivious for a long time. I felt so much meek among them that my mind had already given up on the thought of screaming for help. Also, I had this feeling that I would be killed if I screamed which shut out my voice entirely.

Here I was in a pitch-black van, cuffed to my seat between two enormous men. The only thought that kept replaying in my mind was of my mother who stood there captive between those unknown forces; staring dead into my face. It didn't feel like her at all! What was she thinking at that moment? Was it her helplessness? Was it her biting fear of losing her own son right in front of her eyes? I tried so hard to erase that face of hers from my mind. I begged my mind to at least forget it for some while although I knew that it's not how the mind works.

I heard the tires drifting and I started sobbing uncontrollably like a little kid throwing tantrums, calling out for my mother. My arm slowly bled as a syringe plunged through the skin. I slowly drifted off into a sound slumber.

Mom why?