21: Chance

(Chapter - 21)

"Do you have any feelings for my brother?"

All of the times Yera had spent with him flashed before her eyes, and she smiled faintly as she remembered them.

"He's not as bad as I thought..." Her lips curved into a grin.

Before Yera could even think about answering the complicated question, Heeseung barged into the room, disrupting their conversation.

"Damn it..." Yakura mumbled under her breath as soon as she observed her brother glaring at her.

"A fail..." Heeseung muttered to himself, smirking internally.

He didn't want to hear about it.

Not yet.

"Did I interrupt something over here?" Heeseung slyly asked as he sat beside Yera, whose cheeks turned pink at the question asked.

"Yes, you did." Yakura glared at him, her eyes revealing her buried fury, which Heeseung dismissed with a laugh.

"You are going to regret what you did, brother. Don't tell me afterwards that I didn't give you a chance." Yakura said it out loud as soon as Yera left the room to get something to drink for her.

"I haven't had any regrets up to this point in my life, and I doubt I ever will." Heeseung said as he picked up his office bag and went out of the room to attend to some matters at the mansion.

"What happened just now?" Yera looked towards Yakura with a questioning glance as she saw Heeseung leaving the room, ignoring her questions and not even glancing towards her a moment ago.

"Nothing much. He doesn't seem to have his aims set." Yakura said it out confidently. The fact she spoke about was hundred percent true. It was just lacking a bit of conciseness, which according to her didn't need to be told to the girl she was talking to.

"Whither was he going? He seemed to be in a rush..." Yera asked her, being concerned.

"Well, don't worry about him and just go and get some fresh air out of this hospital room. I know you would have been bored to death. Moreover, you can always use the black card I got for you." Yakura grinned and winked at her.

"Bye~" Yera departed the room, enthusiastically wishing her farewell. Yakura's disposition was serene, easygoing, and sarcastic, which she enjoyed. She wouldn't be surprised if she requested wine when her house was on fire.

"Miss, have you seen Sim Jaeyun from room number 1102 anywhere?" A nurse approached her with a tense expression.

"No, what happened?" Yera asked her.

"I was supposed to give him his medications, but when I entered the room, there was no sign of him. Firstly, I assumed he was in the bathroom, but after waiting a few minutes, I found it to be empty as well." The nurse explained it all in one go.

"You search for him around this floor. I will look out for him as well." Yera instructed her before starting to search for him.

"Where could he be?" Yera questioned herself while scratching her head as she went past the hospital cafeteria.

'He can't walk that far as per his condition as this cafeteria is on the ground level.' She mentally made a note of it.

"He would be either on the first level or the rooftop if not on the second level." Yera tied her hair into a ponytail as she entered the elevator, pressing the floor button violently.

"He is not even here! Did he teleport himself or something?" Yera cried in her mind.

"Hope I find him on the rooftop. I have that gut feeling." Yera mumbled to herself as she entered the roof.

"JAKE!" Yera called out his name in an attempt to locate him on the big rooftop. There were innumerable cartons, unassembled equipment, and other machinery, creating obstacles for her.

"JAKE-" Yera's voice was muffled when someone placed their palm over her mouth.

She widened her eyes in shock.

'Is he going to kidnap me?'

'Or worse... Kill me?'

Negative thoughts raced past her mind for a moment, but all her assumptions soon faded away as she discovered that the person who was holding her was none other than Jake himself.

"Don't make a single noise. I don't want the nurses to come up here."

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️