~Laughing Gas (Kam)~

This oneshot is something I got in a book of oneshot ideas. Please don't credit me for the idea; only the writing itself!

This is a human AU by the way. Just throwing it out there.

Requested by @Freaky_Fairy . Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Tam's POV✩

I anxiously waited in the doctor's office with a Starbucks black coffee in hand for Keefe. I stopped at Starbucks on the way to the dentist to pick up Keefe from his tooth surgery. He told me he would be fine, but I've always had a fear in dentists...and teeth in general.

Not that I was ever going to tell Keefe that.

A blonde boy with ice blue eyes in the adjacent room to mine that was only separated by glass was wiggling his arms around, looking for someone.

I smiled and flipped my silver bangs out of my face before going to pick up Keefe.

"Hiiiii, Tammy!" Keefe said goofily. A dentist with long blonde hair and brown eyes looked at me sympathetically.

"We gave him laughing gas. He might act a little weird for the day," she explained.

"Thanks, Dr. Foster, I'll take him home," I assured her. I grabbed Keefe's arm to prevent him from dancing and dragged him to the car.

"Put on your seatbelt, love," I reminded Keefe. He bobbed his head at me to make the gesture of what looked to be a nod and strapped himself into the car.

I handed him his strawberry refresher and birthday cake pop, which he looked at like he didn't know that it was before putting the drink in the cupholder and chomping on the cake pop stick first.

I sighed. Today was going to be a long day.

"No, that's not how you eat it," I said. I took the slobbery cake pop out of his mouth and kissed him briefly before putting the cake pop back in his mouth the right way.

He gave me the peace sign before almost swallowing the cake pop, stick and all, whole.

"Oh my fucking god," I muttered to myself as I started the car.

A moment of blissful silence filled the car, giving me a chance to breath before Keefe finished his cake pop and opened his mouth.

"Are you single?" he asked me.

"Keefe, I'm married," I sighed. "To you."

By the time I added the last part, Keefe was already in tears.

"But I'm so handsome!" Keefe whined.

"I know," I gritted my teeth, contemplating the option of driving the car of a cliff.

"Well, your loss, because I have a husband that I'm going to call right now," Keefe pouted, taking out his phone and calling me.

I picked up the phone despite being in traffic, because a car crash would be a blessing right now. "Hello?"

"Tammy, this man doesn't think I'm handsome and now he's kidnapped me!" Keefe yelled into his phone.

"Oh no, that's horrible," I said sarcastically, hanging up.

"Tammy?" Keefe said into the phone. "Tammy?"

"He's gonna save me from this dirty ass car," Keefe promised me.

"Oh, I'm sure he will," I replied flatly, directing my gaze to the dirty window for just a moment before shaking my head and turning my attention back to the road.

I pulled into a house with trees of all shades of green surrounding the house and seagulls squawking overhead, trying to get to the beach only a few minutes away.

"Hey, this is my husband's house!" Keefe said, his ice blue eyes shining with relief underneath the goofy mist fogging up his last three brain cells.

"Yeah, I'm gonna kidnap him too," I said with amusement.

Keefe shrugged. "He kinda deserves it. Yesterday, he stole the pie I was saving for myself."

I snickered. "Well, maybe you should've told him that!"

"He should've known it was my favorite flavor pie," Keefe insisted. "Oh, look, it's him!"

Keefe ran over to a tall oak tree and wrapped his arms around it. "Tammy, there you are!"

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, that's enough. Let's get you to sleep."

I picked Keefe up with one arm gripping the back of his legs and the other circling his back and carried him to our room, throwing him on the bed and tossing him his favorite blanket.

"Thank you, Tammy," Keefe slurred, wrapping himself in a cocoon of blankets. "Can I have a kiss?"

I pressed my lips against his as I nestled my hands into his fluffy blonde hair, tasting the sour taste of dentist-medication-stuff but didn't care. I pulled away and smiled at the drowsy look on Keefe's face.

Giving him a kiss on the forehead, I stood up and sat down on the bed beside him. The faint sunlight poking through the pine trees in our yard gave Keefe's hair and face a glowing look. He drooled onto the blanket, but I didn't care as I nudged his hand one last time and walked out of the room to let him sleep.