PROLOGUE

"What did you say it was called?" I ask Olivia who's standing in the kitchen making herself a cup of coffee.

"Hopeful Hands" she says while rolling her eyes at me, because it's literally the fourth time she's told me that name.

"And you want me to go because..." I ask sitting up a little on the sofa.

"Because it's been more than a year and I simply cannot stand your mopey attitude anymore. It'll be good for you. A change of scenery. You never know what could happen. Maybe you'll find the inspiration you're looking for for your project" she says, smiling at me.

I roll my eyes fondly at her. I know she's right. It's been a long time since I've done anything other than staring at the walls.

"Okay, I'll go!"

"Thank you!" she shouts from the kitchen while I hope I won't regret this.

We were flying to Colorado the next day, so naturally, I couldn't sleep the night before. I remembered that we were supposed to see some celebrities at the fundraiser so I decided to google them so I had the latest "tea".

There was this guy, Hollywood actor Jonathan Sarti, whose wife had left him for a younger celebrity, and apparently the shock and heartbreak had made him move back to his hometown of Boulder. There were some more, but somehow he was the only one to catch my attention. I kept looking at his pictures and lost track of time. Couldn't understand why anyone would cheat on that man. From what I could see, he was a good person, and cared about others, which the fundraiser was proof of. But I would give it more thought in the morning since it was already 3AM and I hadn't slept a wink.