『 Chapter 32: Long Lost Love 』

✵ ✵ ✵

You glanced over, watching some of the baby dragons playing around Toothless, disrupting his peaceful sleep. You were leaning against Rainsong as she huddled her face into your neck, purring softly, you rubbled your hand against her neck.

"Well, bud..." Hiccup started, turning towards Toothless and you, "We can't wait around for Drago to attack this place. We've got to find him first." You glanced over at Toothless once more who was being assaulted by the baby dragons. You laughed slightly before noticing a baby dragon biting his tail. You heard a muffled yell come from Hiccup before your mouth was covered by a large hand. Rainsong's head shot up and growled before she tilted her head confused slightly. You and Hiccup pulled yourselves away from the person you now recognized as Stoick, "Are you kidding me?" Hiccup called.

You shook your head confused, "How did you get in here?"

Stoick held his hands out to calm you both down, "The same way we're getting you out."

"We?" You said, sharing a look with Hiccup.

A voice came from a nearby cave, "All clear!" Gobber popped his head out from inside a cave.

"Toothless. Come." Stoick grabbed your's and Hiccup's arms and started pulling you both away. He was going to take you back to Berk.

"W-wait! Okay, uh, Dad, there-there's something you need to know." Hiccup tried to protest.

Stoick shook his head, "Yeah, yeah, tell me on the way."

"Well, this isn't an "oh the way" kind of update, actually." Hiccup tried to say but he was quickly cut off by his own father.

"I've heard enough, Hiccup."

Hiccup quickly followed his father, "More-more of the earth-shattering development variety!"

Stoick squeezed through a hole in the wall, followed by the both of you, "Yeah, just add it to the pile." You rolled your eyes, letting out a frustrated huff.

"Yeah, I uh, uh... Dad, unlike most surprises I spring on you, this is one you'll like, I promise." Hiccup followed the man closely, "You just have to handle it delicately. So..."

The three of you stopped, looking as Gobber slowly turned around, "Uh... you might want to take this one." Gobber patted Stoick's shoulder.

You and Hiccup shared a concerned look before turning back to Stoick.

"Oh, boy," Gobber said, hearing Stoick pull out his sword.

Hiccup shook his head, "Oh, uh, Dad, could you put the sword away, please?" Stoick stepped out of the little cave you were in and looked into a large open area with ice.

The three of you peeked out from behind Stoick to see him staring at Valka. He dropped his sword and pulled off his helmet. You and Hiccup shared another nervous look.

"I know what you're gonna say, Stoick." Valka began, looking sadly at her husband, "How could I have done this?" She let out a small sigh and you felt a hand wrap around yours, you turned to glance over at Hiccup who was nervously grasping your hand, "Stayed away all these years, and why didn't I come back to you? To our son? Well... what sign did I have that you could change, Stoick? That anyone on Berk could?"

You noticed Stoick slowly start walking towards her. You too were surprised he hadn't said anything.

"I pleaded so many times to stop the fighting, to find another answer, but did any of you listen?" Valka spoke desperately.

Gobber let out a sigh, "This is why I never married. This, and one other reason." You and Hiccup both turned to Gobber slightly confused before turning back to the scene in front of them.

"I know that I left you to raise Hiccup alone," Her voice grew smaller as she noticed the man was getting closer, and she held her staff in front of her, "But I thought he'd be better off without me, and I was wrong." She started backing up slowly, "I see that now, but... Oh. Stop being so stoic, Stoick. Go on, shout, scream, say something."

Stoick reached out and lightly caressed her face, "You're as beautiful as the day I lost you." He slowly leaned in and the two of them shared a kiss.

You looked over at Hiccup who had a small smile on his face as all of the dragons that had been slowly creeping forward backed off.

✵ ✵ ✵

"Mom, you'd never even recognize it." Hiccup walked passed his mom and dad who were making some food. He was currently holding a bowl of something, "Where we used to make weapons, we now build saddles, wing slings... We even fix dragon teeth." Hiccup opened a basket and placed some fish into the bowl he was holding. Toothless looked down, interested in the basket. Hiccup quickly shut the top of the basket, "You- you wouldn't believe how much everything's changed."

Stoick nodded, "Aye, your son and his girlfriend have changed Berk for the better. I think we did well on this one, Val."

"Thanks, dad." Hiccup said before glancing over to you. He smiled before walking over to you, Valka dropped some fish, and Toothless and Rainsong went for it but they were picked up by CloudJumper.

Hiccup reached out and took ahold of your hands lightly, "How are you holding up?" You asked, leaning in and pressing your forehead against his.

"Great." He said softly, giving you a quick kiss on the lips, "I'm so glad that you came with me." He opened his mouth to say something more but was interrupted when he glanced over at Valka who was gesturing for him to grab a tray of fish. Hiccup sent you an apologetic look before walking over to the woman and taking the tray from her. He handed them to Gobber who was sitting by the fire.

"-hope not, her meatballs could kill more beasts than a battle-ax," Gobber mentioned, you had missed the first half of the conversation but picked up a bit from context clues. Maybe you should be a bit careful near Valka's cooking, "I've still got a few knocking around in here." He chuckled.

Hiccup turned back to the older couple, "Once you move back in with all your dragons, oh Drago won't even stand a chance." Your eyes widened as you turned to the boy before seeing the same expression plastered onto his parent's faces, "Everything will be ok."

Stoick laughed nervously, "Slow down, son." He said placing a hand on Hiccup's shoulder, "It's a lot to take in." Stoick turned towards his wife who was now filling a gourd with water.

"Oh. Gotcha." Hiccup said. The boy let out a sigh before turning back towards you. He wandered to your side and took your hand in his, glancing over at his parents.

✵ ✵ ✵