61

"We have some additional information

"We have some additional information." Dr.Lewis walked in. It was going on two in the morning.

"Is something wrong?" Jamilah asked.

"May I speak to her significant other?" She asked and I had a confused look on my face.

"You can say it in front of them." I mumbled cause I didn't know what she was gone talk to me about.

"How long ago was her miscarriage?" She asked.

"Four weeks ago, why?" I asked.

"Kaelyn seems to be two weeks pregnant- What?" Demetrius cut her off.

"What the fuck?" Landon said.

"How- How is that possible?" Jamilah asked.

"A drug overdose shortly before or during pregnancy seems to be associated with a substantial increased risk of miscarriage, but there was no increase in fetal pathology at birth among fetuses surviving till birth." She said.

"Can you say that in English?" I asked.

"Because of the overdose she is at a high risk of miscarriage it's common, but she's at low risk of fetal pathology." She said.

"What's that?" Demetrius asked.

"Disease of the placenta and fetus." She said.

"Can the baby survive?" I asked.

"It's possible but if it does survive she may experience a premature birth and it's chances the baby can be born with developmental issues." She said.

"But how is this possible if she's in a coma?" Jamilah asked.

"Well you see her organs still work, and the fertility is still there." She said.

"What other risks she gone experience if she give birth?" I asked.

"She may experience blood lose....But if she doesn't show improvement her organs will begin to fail and the baby won't survive." She said.

"I need to ask you a few questions." She looked at me and I walked outside of the room with her.

"Did she know she was pregnant?" She asked.

"No, she was having a hard time after we lost our baby she wouldn't have tried to commit suicide if she knew she was pregnant again." I said.

"We're going to do our best at making sure both her and the baby survive and remain healthy. Keep your head up she's going to be fine." She said before walking off and I went back in the room not saying nothing.

"C'mon let's give him some time alone with her." Jamilah said as she rubbed my shoulder and gave me a paper.

After they walked out I sat down and grabbed her hand as I looked at her.

"You gotta wake up......You got something to live for I promise you shit gone get better." I said before putting my attention on the note her mom gave me.

Makai you've been nothing but good to me. You brought me out of my sadness so many times, Comforted me through my episodes. Through the good times and bad you've always been by my side. You were there for me when I felt alone and i'm so grateful that we met. Words can't describe how much I love and appreciate you for everything. There's no doubt in my mind that you would've been a great father. I tried to be happy after we lost our baby, but I just felt like I couldn't win for losing. I let my thoughts get the best to me and I'm sorry I can't do it anymore. I'm losing control of myself and nothing seems to make me think otherwise. I want to be at peace and not feel like my happiness is temporary. If it gets to a point that i'm fighting for my life, I want you to be the one to tell them to let me go.

After that sentence I just looked up at her and shook my head.

"Kaelyn I can't do that." I said. "You don't wanna die you just wanna stop hurting and that can happen if you get the help that you need when you get better. It's not worth it. I'll be damned if I lose you knowing I could've tried harder. I'm not giving up on you. You ain't come this far from therapy just to give up like that. You got a purpose and you the only one that can't see it, you mean everything to me Kaelyn I can't lose you or our baby." I said and I felt her hand move.

I hurried up and brought the doctor in and just as I did her eyes started to flutter open. The doctor flashes some light in her eyes and did something else.

"Her vitals are still abnormal." The doctor said. "But the good thing is that she's conscious.....but the drug itself hasn't left her brain yet." She said.

"It may take up to one to three weeks for a full recovery and after that she'll be fine." She smiled.

"Can she understand me?" I asked as she removed the tube from her mouth and gave her some water.I was lowkey confused, ion never wanna be a doctor I can't understand shit that's going on.

"Yes she's fully aware of everything that's around her." She. "I'll be back I need to run a few tests but for now i'm going to allow her to have one visitor in here at a time. She may get overwhelmed." She said walking out.

I felt Kaelyn squeeze my hand again making me put my full attention on her. She blinked as tears fell from her eyes. She looked like was scared, I could only imagine what she was thinking.

I just sat down holding her hand in silence, I ain't know what to say.

"You two weeks pregnant." I said and she looked at me like she was confused then she pointed at her mouth so I gave her some more water.

"Imma go get yo' momma." I said standing up but she kept a hold on my hand and shook her head no
before she moved over indicating that she wanted me to be next to her.

I laid down beside her and held her, It wasn't nothing else for me to do. I ain't even know what to say.

Like i'm happy that she gone be okay but something still feel off. It's bothering me that she don't look happy that she woke up she look disappointed and sad.
____________________________________

Y'all i had to do some real research for this chapter to make sure it was possible fr but nxt chapter i'm skipping ahead to when she can leave the hospital