14

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
Me and Hailey had just got back from her gymnastics event and once getting home we had changed into our night clothes, the tv playing a random movie as there was a knock on the door.

"He-" just before I could even greet the person I had stopped, seeing that the person I was going to greet was Devon, Hailey's biological father.

"Devon why the hell are you here?" "What? No hello? Come on now I thought we was on good terms" the man said "Devon you ran off with my best friend and avoided meeting your daughter for five years, going on six. Why the hell do you think we're ok good terms?"

It was apparent that I was getting upset as Devon followed me inside my home.

"That shit's all in the past, I mean I see you two doing good, couldn't have been all that bad" "that's a because of me Devon. I busted my ass every day so I could give Hailey everything while you were gone with Giana" I snapped at the man, only stopping when the door opened, Shota walking in.

"Oh so this your new Nigga, wassup I'm Devon, Hailey's real dad" Devon said, Shota's eyes quickly looking over to me, his mouth opening to say something just as Hailey left her room.

"Daddy's back" she smiled "yeah, sorry bab-" just before Devon could finish, my daughter had walked right pasted him, going straight to Shota who hugged her, holding the girl in his arms.

"Oh hell nah, you got my daughter calling that nigga her dad?" "Devon he's my boyfriend and you have no right to be walking back here all mad and shit, you left remember?" I said, Shota having Hailey sit in my room so she didn't have to see all of this.

Just before this all goes on, Hailey knows who Devon is, but after a while she realized early on that her dad did not want to be around, which was something I really hated for my daughter to learn.

"Man fuck all of that, ay man bun, I know you trying to be super dad and shit, but be honest with yourself. You don't really wanna deal with this whore"

Devon was all in Shota's face at this point but I didn't really expect Shota to give back that same energy.

"Considering you the one who got her pregnant to only runaway like the piece of shit you are, I don't think you should be the one giving out advice"

After those words left Shota's lips Devon had looked back at me for a second before grabbing a random mug off of my counter.

"Hope you still got some smart shit to say after this" Devon said, breaking the mug on Shota's head, making a cut on his brow that started to bleed.

While the two started to fight, I had grabbed my phone, quickly calling the cops, going towards my room to see Hailey crying.

"Whats wrong baby?" I asked, closing the door so she didn't have to see the fight going on, a loud crash being heard, some yelling following after it.

"I-is that man going to hurt daddy?" She asked teary eyed "he won't, Shota's really strong okay?" "*sniffle* okay"

After a bit of calming Hailey down and the police being on their way, the whole apartment fell silent besides the tv in my living room.

Carefully I had walked out, Hailey in my arms while  pressing her face into my chest, scared to see something bad.

Turns out Devon was knocked out on my kitchen floor, only two of my mugs broken while Shota leaned against my counter, his knuckles bloody and his brow still bleeding.

'This is a bad time for this man to look this fine'

"S-Shota a-" "are you two okay?" He asked "yeah we're fine, the police are on their way" I said, just as they knocked on the door.

"Good, you should probably answer the door, I kind of look like shit right now" he joked, a dry chuckle leaving the man's lips as I let the police in, me and Shota having to explain everything to them as paramedics also came in.

This ended up being a whole thing and Shota ended up just getting patched up, having to get stitches on his arm from a cut that he didn't let me see till then.

As for Devon he ended up waking up dazed in the backseat of the police car, bruises all on his face and surprisingly a missing tooth.

But now we were at the police station, Hailey eating on some snacks while me and Shota gave our statements to the police.

My phone was blowing up right now as well, Quincy and mom both trying to text me.

"Least they care" Shota chuckled dryly as I looked at his bandages hands.

"Mhm, but what about you? How you feeling?" I asked "I'm fine, got a headache but that's nothing, just glad you two are okay" Shota said, the both of us looking over at Hailey who ended up falling asleep on my lap.

"Mhm, I'm really sorry about all of this, I didn't think he'd even show up" I apologized, feeling bad that Shota got hurt in all of this.

"None of this is your fault, and plus I didn't mind fighting that asshole, felt good actually" Shota said with a smug look on his face.

"Chill out there champ, you won one fight" I joked, Shota rolling his eyes before kissing me.

"If it's to protect you and Hailey, I'll win any fight"

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 951