~Beautiful Eyes (Sophitz)~

I've been writing a lot of Sokeefe lately, so I decided to take a break and show some love to the opposite, much less popular side of the love triangle: Sophitz!

This is a gift for @rainwings_rule. Enjoy!! <33

Sorry about this being so short. My bad!!

Post-writing note: I would like to kill myself after just writing Sophie narrating about Fitz in a tuxedo. Please end it all. I want to go home.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Sophie's POV✩

"You really didn't have to set all this up, y'know," I pointed out to Fitz, who looked unimaginably good in his black tuxedo, his teal eyes illuminated with the reflection of the candlelight burning against the dim light of Everglen's previously empty room.

"I know, Sophie," Fitz reassured, rubbing my hand with his thumb gently. "I wanted to." He smiled at me brightly, his teeth looking extra perfect when lit up by the candle in the middle of the table.

He gazed at me for a moment and I saw the reflection of my wide golden freckled eyes in his tropical teal ones. I started to feel a insecure under his stare as I fidgeted with my ruby jewelry.

"What?" I said, blushing furiously as he smiled at me.

"You're really beautiful," he said, propping his chiseled jaw onto his hands, his teal eyes sparkling with flaming sparks.

"And so are you," I complimented, earning a wonderful laugh from him that lit up the room more than a thousand candles could.

"I mean, I prefer handsome, but beautiful works too," he chuckled.

"Handsome, then," I grinned at him. "But still beautiful."

I stared into his eyes as we waded in comfortable silence for a few minutes. "Sophie?" he asked me softly.

"Yes?"

"Your eyes are beautiful," he gushed, grazing my cheek with his hand.

"I was just staring at yours, actually," I said, slightly blushing as I sipped my glass of water.

"Really?"

"Yes, you still haven't figured out why my favorite color is teal?"

"And you still haven't figured out why my favorite color is gold?" he fired back, grinning from ear to ear.

"My eyes aren't even gold," I protested in amusement.

"True, but they have these little golden dapples in them. I love looking at them," he confessed.

"I love looking into your eyes too," I said. "They remind me of this place in the Forbidden Cities called Hawaii."

Fitz raised his eyebrows. "What's Hawaii?"

"It's an island that has this clear, teal water that is the same shade of your eyes. And now that I look into them more, I can see little flecks of fire from the candlelight that look like pineapples."

"Pineapples?" he asked me.

"It's a fruit," I explained, giggling at his limited knowledge of the human world. "And it's golden. Although it doesn't taste amazing, to be honest."

"Why?" Fitz asked me.

"I don't know, I just hate it," I said, miming gagging. "It looks cool though. It's got these little spiky things at the top. And people put it on pizza sometimes."

"What's pizza?"

"Another food," I smiled at him.

"We need to go to the Forbidden Cities sometime, and try all these different foods," Fitz insisted, his eyes sparkling with excitement as the candlelight danced around his irises.

"One day," I told him.

"Promise?" he asked.

"Promise," I promised him, going back to staring into his teal eyes. "Someday."