𝟎𝟎𝟎. how did it end - ?

PROLOGUE
How Did It End — ?

Ever since she was a little girl, people knew that something wasn't right with Harper Wheeler.

They've always associated death with her name, and for the longest time it didn't occur to her to care.

So, she didn't. She always had a come what may philosophy, and when rumors spread about her, she simply looked the other way.

First of all, she was a twin, which was rare to see in their town. Secondly, she'd supposedly tried to kill her twin in the womb.

This news spread out across town faster than wild fire, and was haunting their family until she was two, when she accidentally killed a bird right in front of a group of kids her age.

She held grudges for everyone around her, and her family was her only real friends. Then, she also had her brothers friends, three boys.

They found her interesting because of the reputation surrounding her, so they allowed her to hang with them. ( Mainly because everyone was scared of her )

She frowns, her chestnut-swooped hair falling in front of her dimly-lit eyes as she narrows them, trying to make out the figure down the hallway. She stands there, alone, her friends scattered throughout the building.

"Mike, I found the chocolate pudding!" She hears Dustin yell, although she isn't sure where he is.

She starts off down the hall, towards the sound she's hearing. A figure appears in front of her, and she jumps with a screech.

Her voice rattles off of the walls, as she lets her guard down, seeing that it's only Eleven.

To explain Eleven is to dig so far into a story that it's impossible to capture every detail. She's an escapee from the government-run lab in their town, and she has superpowers. Long story short.

"Are you ready?" She inquires, as the girl nods. It's been almost one hundred days since she vanished, and no one has heard from her since.

Well, no one besides Harper. And no one ever will. El asked her to keep it a secret, so she forever will. It isn't her place to say anything, anyway. Is it?

Eleven nods. Her face appears just as youthful as it ever was, although behind her eyes sits an aura of newfound evil. She likes this; but she'd never tell.

She stares at the body, arms bound behind the back, its mouth taped and its legs tied. She isn't sure who it is, and she can't make out any features either.

She just hopes it's someone interesting. She closes her eyes, and surges the power from the tips of her fingers, unable to find the source.

She's been struggling with it recently, hoping every day that it'd magically come back. It is magic, after all.. so she has some hope.

She feels her chest throb, and she then hears the snapping of bones, the air of blood, and she smells the sweet success.

She opens her eyes and Eleven is gone, but the body remains. She stares at it, it almost representing the girl who was once just by her side.

Her body feels electric. She has this sensation of overwhelming power, crossing over her, burying her deeply. She stares at the damage.

Not a morsel of her regrets what she's done, she has no empathy. Did she ever?

The question is always up in the air.

When she goes home, she'll resume her usual plan and routine. Shower at the highest temperature to burn off any traces of today, then forget it all.

The only working ability she has is to forget her own mistakes, her own actions. She can't cause others to forget things, but it's rather helpful to her, too.

Harper shrugs, leaving the body laying on the ground. She doesn't bother to see who it is. That might make her feel human; and she doesn't want to have those emotions again.

( AUTHORS NOTE )

i hope this makes sense!! i did my best to create a good backstory, she's sort of maybe possibly like a literal psychopath but she's also just a cutesy little teenage girl struggling through the whole process of life yk? she isn't all bad, just mostly!! she's so the anthology coded