PROLOGUE

Side note: I changed a lot more than planned to fit the plot I had in mind, I'm open to any constructive criticism since I still have a lot more to learn on writing stories, or in this case fanfic >:]

....... ...... ......

Centuries ago there once was a secluded village with Mountain Gods protecting their people, which was a combination of demons and humans. The humans and demons coexisted together in harmony, and helped one another from any danger that was outside the mountain range.

One of the many Mountain God families had been given a message by an unknown celestial being, telling them a prophecy to come on their first born child, and the celestial had warned them not to spread the word of the full prophecy, for it may cause some issues in the future.

When the family told their neighboring Mountain Gods the message, they were curious as to what the full prophecy was and what it would mean for their people down in the village. The version of the prophecy told to the Mountain Gods was that whomever the child is to be in love with would be given power and strength ten times more than they have.

And the other version told to the villagers below, was that a marriage bond between said child would give their spouse great power, not necessarily specifying for if anybody with ill intentions tried to get a shortcut to unlimited power.

The rest of the prophecy was reserved to the Mother and Father for they only know what their child is to endure, and with heavy hearts, they hope the ending could be changed.

The villagers below have started to theorize that the prophecy given to the family was due to how courageous and loyal the family was when there was a demon attack from a few years back, and that this prophecy was a reward for protecting the village.

Not long after the message was delivered, the mother of the family had a baby, and they knew that the prophecy would soon be fulfilled, and could feel the baby's power flow inside them.

The Mountain Gods could not decide on a name, for they believed that the baby should have a powerful name. In the end the family decided on the name, not wanting to name their baby something ridiculous like Qiángdà de shén (Mighty God), something that the other Mountain Gods suggested. Not wanting to leave their child nameless the family settled on Tián liánhuā (Sweet Lotus), nicknaming them Lotus, in theory that Kuan Yin was the one that had delivered the message.

Later as the child grew up, people had started to notice that the child was stronger than they were supposed to be and wondered if this was due to the prophecy. Even though it was an interesting prophecy, the villagers saw this as an opportunity to have an actual ruler.

The citizens have been discussing the topic of Kings and Queens to rule their home, for it could open up many opportunities for their small village, and now with the prophecy in view the villagers could have a powerful and functional kingdom that would bring glory and peace to the village.

Although with the news of the prophecy being spread by the traders, it had caught the attention of demons and humans outside of the village's mountains, wanting the power for themselves. With much haste the Mountain Gods decided to move the child below with the citizens, and raise them as someone else, so that anyone who wanted to kidnap them would have to go through the villagers.

Though this hasn't stopped any suspicious humans or demons from entering the village and trying to take them (their secret identity didn't last long), but of course trying to take a village's hope of having a kingdom isn't smart, they were pretty determined to keep the child safe.

After every attack or threat, the mountains grew taller and more dangerous than before, and soon it became impossible to get in or out. Only with the permission of the Mountain Gods, few travelers can get in and out.

The child is now a young adult, aware of their gift, which to them feels like a curse. Having pressure to find someone since the Mountain Gods were getting restless, and wanted the prophecy to be completed already. The villagers were not any better for they always found a way to set up their own family members on blind dates with them, hoping for them to be involved with the creation of a powerful kingdom.

If only they knew the truth of what is to become of them, maybe then they wouldn't have attended the Moon Festival.

................ ................ ................ ................ ................ ................

The drawing above was made by me
And also this fanfic was inspired by a tik tok of spider Queen lip syncing to a MLP song

Ikik a bit weird but hey it's a good song

https://youtu.be/dkTPatXRyh0

If the link doesn't work it's called ' This Day Aria '

Anyways have a good day / night 👌