~FORTY~

"The power of one, if fearless and focused, is formidable, but the power of many working together is better." -Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.

Hey, guys! I'm back with another update! Thank God I didn't leave y'all hanging for too long.🌚🌚

Anyway, I decided to drop this chapter today because it's my birthday.😌🌚 So, happy birthday to me.😌🥳🥳

This chapter is also dedicated to Tori!! The Writer of TLT and TMBT! It's also her birthday! Happy birthday, Tori.🥳🥳 Keep writing fire.🔥 lovetori_xo

Okay, with that said, y'all can read!

Enjoy!

•BOLU•

I brought my phone out of my bag and texted Kanyin. She was supposed to pick me up today and I couldn’t, for the life of me, understand why she was running late. I checked the time — five-fifty P.M. I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to go home so badly before, until now. The pace of my heartbeat was twice as fast. No cap, I was scared.

Was it really the wind that pushed open that door?

I rested my head on the wall, closed my eyes, and tried to calm down. I exhaled. I did not bargain for this when I let Ore Jumai kiss me the first time. I certainly did not. Ore needed to tell Chidera as soon as possible so that my heart won’t fly out of my chest because of guilt.

Calm down, Bolu. Calm down, I told myself.

I placed my hand on my chest as it heaved up and down.

“Bolu, you’re still here?”

I jerked my head, opened my eyes, and turned to look at the person the voice belonged to.

“Sorry if I scared you,” Ashley said, her voice, low. A small smile tugged her lips.

“Huh?” I said, still shocked. Eyes wide, hands still on my chest.

“You should see your face right now,” she said again and began to giggle.

I exhaled. Shook my head. And smiled. It was just Ashley. For a while though, something in the back of my mind started suspecting she was the one that opened the door.

“I wasn’t here, sorry,” I said and chuckled nervously. “What’s up? Where are you coming from and going to?”

I did a mental face-palm.

Way to be so inconspicuous, Bolu. Real smooth, boss.

She giggled again. And I noticed it was cute. Before now, I’d only heard her do it once, that was when MJ shook her at the café. And looking back now, we’ve never actually had a real conversation.

“Nothing much is up.” She tugged at the hand of her tote bag. “I’m coming from the library. I was on my way home but I saw you outside and decided to say hi.” She grinned.

Her smile was charming too. It made me really look at her and I realized she was beautiful, really beautiful. And it's something I hadn't noticed before. Or maybe I didn't pay enough attention.

“Oh, I see.” I grinned back. “I thought you’d have gone with Chidera, though. She left earlier. . .” I trailed off at the last part when her facial expression hardened. Uh-oh.