𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐓

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

It had been almost a week since the ferry incident and Alex still barely left her room. When she did, it was to pick up groceries so she wouldn't starve or attend school. However, even when she did make it to Midtown School of Science and Technology, she barely said a word. The Easton girl just sat in her classes and answered questions when she was called on. At lunch, she would eat her food and listen to Atlas try to get her to talk to him. She knew he was worried about her, but that wasn't enough to get her out of her slump.

On top of all of that, she avoided Peter and Ned as much as she could. If she saw the duo walking toward her in the hall, Alex turned her back to them and sped away as fast as humanly possible. She requested to be moved away from them in all her classes, which her teachers agreed to with very little questioning. Alex would see Ned talking to Atlas every now and then but Peter seemed to stop trying after a day or two.

Despite trying to get back into her normal life, all Alex could think about was the ferry. The screams from the civilians in danger haunted her more than she'd like to admit. While Peter tried his best to stop the boat from sinking, she just stood there frozen as it split in two. And then there was the conversation with Tony Stark, who could take away her normal life with a push of a button. Everything she worked for would be gone just like that. Alex couldn't do that to Charlie, especially after all she did to help the Easton girl get to where she wanted to be.

Lunch had finally come and Alex found herself sitting in the corner of the cafeteria with Atlas right beside her. Neither of them said a word as they ate their food, which was rather unusual for the Duncan boy. When the Easton girl finally realized he hadn't spoken since they sat down, she looked up at him to find him staring off into the distance. Alex's eyebrows scrunched together before she followed his gaze. Once she saw who her best friend was staring at, a genuine smile appeared on her lips.

"You know, it's not polite to stare," the speedster said, causing Atlas to jump and look over at her with wide eyes.

The raven-haired boy just stared at the girl who hadn't spoken in a week for a long moment before letting out a long sigh. "I wasn't staring."

"Yeah, you were. I'm surprised Michelle didn't notice," Alex laughed, earning a scoff from her friend in response before they both looked back over at the girl he was staring at, "why don't you just go talk to her? Or, better yet, you could ask her to homecoming. That's what everyone's talking about."

"I'm not asking her to homecoming!" Atlas exclaimed, causing a few people to look in their direction before he settled down and continued speaking, "I don't think I'm ready for that yet."