Steve

Christmas wasn't your favourite holiday, you had to admit. But it was certainly Steve's. He was always the one to organise the decorations, and find a tree, and buy the best presents, and cook Christmas dinner.

'Hey Steve,' you said, turning up your old-style radio while decorating a frankly massive tree with your ridiculous boyfriend, 'remember when I was first recruited?'

'And you bumped into me, said you were a big fan, then asked me for a high-five?'

'Yeah!'

'Yes, I remember it. A bit too well. It was... odd.'

'Yes, well, you expect that from me now,' you sang, hanging up a small red bauble. Steve had insisted on a red, white, and blue scheme for the Christmas tree, for his own obvious reasons. You had learned long ago that it was best to just let him.

'And do you remember our first date?' he asked sentimentally.

'You took me out dancing, and those fangirls asked you for a kiss,' you remembered, laughing.

'They were so scary,' he said, shuddering slightly.

'Oh! And what about the time we went ice skating, and we ran into Loki, and he was all, "You mortals have inferior ice powers. You are nothing compared to me.",' you said, putting on a deep, exaggerated voice for Loki.

Steve laughed. 'But then he started flirting with you. That was not okay.'

'You dealt with it.'

'I definitely did.'

'You broke four of his ribs. Don't you think that was a bit harsh?'

He walked up behind you and hugged you from behind, resting his chin on your head. 'He was flirting with you. So, no. I wasn't harsh.'

You turned around to face him, laughing. An old-timey version of jingle bell rock came on, and he reached to turn it up further. He then grabbed you by the waist, smiling, and pulled you in to dance with him.

You spun and smiled and laughed as the song played on, and when it was nearing the end, and he pulled you in close to him, burying his face in the crook of your neck.

'I wish we could stay like this forever,' he mumbled into your hair. 'I wish we didn't have to go to work, and risk our lives, and deal with everyone there. I wish we could just stay like this. Forever and onward.'

You smiled and pulled back, twirling yourself around.

'Oh, but we can. Right here. Right now.'

You pulled him in and he kissed you gently. You pulled back and rested your forehead on his.

'From now on,' you said, 'no matter where we are, no matter what we're doing, we'll be living in this moment. Right here. Right now.'

He smiled and twirled you again.

'Deal,' he said softly.

a/n: Hiii!!!! Welcome to Avengers oneshots, because I appear to have read all of the ones available to me so I thought it was a good idea to write some myself. Requests are open!!! Comment or pm me with requests, prompts, feedback, etc (: -Christula