EIGHT

"WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE TWO OF YOU?" Admiral Beau crossed his arms, looking across his desk at Kristen and Bradley who appeared confused; they'd never been sent to the admirals office in trouble

"WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE TWO OF YOU?" Admiral Beau crossed his arms, looking across his desk at Kristen and Bradley who appeared confused; they'd never been sent to the admirals office in trouble. Bradley blew air while Kristen smacked her lips together, "You just always hear about a damn Kazanksy or Bradshaw. I swear to God."

"Right," Bradley kissed his teeth as he nodded, poking to gage the mood of the Admiral, "Upholding a legacy, I guess, sir."

"You shoved another Lieutenant, Bradshaw. And quite frankly, I don't want to see your reputation be tarnished here," Admiral Beau said, leaning forward from his chair, "You're a good man. A good pilot. This is where you belong Bradley."

"Thankyou Sir," Bradley nodded, Admiral Beau's eyes landing now onto what he would call his recent problem child. Kristen was practically ready to throw her feet up and sit back for a scolding.

She sighed as she sat up, "I really do apologise for any part I had in this, however, Lieutenant Sersein-"

"Has already been spoken to," He finished her sentence, "While your action is worth disciplinary measures and will be remedied, I recognise your value to the mission. Your family name's one of the best in the business, you need to be doing it as good if not, better. I hope you know that Lieutenant."

"It won't happen again, Sir," She answered this time with a colder utterance. He sighed, "You're a highly decorated aviator, I need you to act like it Lieutenant Kazansky."

"Yes Sir."

The two then watched the Admiral ponder, "Now. Captain Mitchell was briefed prior to his acceptance of this role, and he was asked about the two of you. He said there would be no conflict on his behalf throughout this process. What I should've done in the beginning is ask the two of you aswell."

Bradley and Kristen seemed to tense in their seats, unsure if this was some kind of bait to be removed from the program or something. Admiral Beau continued, "Lieutenant Bradshaw, is there possibility of conflict past this discussion when you return to the mission training?"

"No Sir," Bradley replied in an instant. While he didn't really mean it, he wasn't going to allow himself to be pulled from the mission in any format.

"And Lieutenant Kazansky, is there possibility of conflict past this discussion when you return to the mission training?" Admiral Beau repeated to Kristen, who replied, "No Sir."

"Thankyou," He smiled as he stood from his seat, "The two of you are dismissed. Remember, training recommences bright and early tomorrow."

"Thankyou Admiral," The two nodded back as they headed out the door. Admiral Beau did hold the door for a moment however, "I'm sorry to hear about your father, Lieutenant Kazansky. He's one of our finest, I'm wishing him and your family all the best."

"Pardon?" Her head jolted, "Excuse me Sir, but I wasn't aware anyone knew... I'd only told a couple close friends his illness came back."

"Of which I was not included," Bradley scrunched his nose. Kristen elbowed him in the stomach as she read Admiral Beau for an answer, "We've gotten a couple calls today regarding Admiral Kazansky. I believe your mother rung in the news first a few hours ago."