Chapter 1: Only in Death Does Duty End

An explosion was heard from the distance. A building fell infront of a convoy of Humvees. The vehicles stopped in a middle of a destroyed city with airstrikes and fighting happening all around. The collapsed building blocking the way ahead and crushing some of the Humvees that were at the front of the convoy.

"AMBUSH!!!" One of them yelled before getting shot in the head.

"Move it Move it!! Everyone get out of the Killzone!!" The captain said as the soldiers unmounted their vehicles while some stayed to provide covering fire using the onboard miniguns.

"Ambush sir!! We're trying to get out of the Killzone!! This AO is lost" their communications officer told HQ.

"What is your current status" HQ replied to him.

"They dropped the damn building on us!! Frost!! Cover Truck!!!" He ordered the smaller man behind him to cover.

After all of them evacuated, now it's the gunner's turn to run into shelter. One Kaito Watabe jumped from his Humvee and onto the ground where an explosion happened near him.

He slowly got back up with his ears ringing as his mate helped him out

"Watabe!! Get the hell back up and we need to get out of this Killzone!!" His best friend said grabbing him and throwing him by cover.

"We're not going to make it!!! There's to much fire!!" He said while peeking to return fire.

"No.... You are" Kaito said ashe got back on the minigun.

"What the hell are you doing!!?" He said as he ducked back down onto the hail of bullets.

"Giving you a chance to escape!" He replied shouting as the barrel of his minigun rotated and fired upon the charging enemy forces.

"It was an honor...." He heared his friend mumbled

"GOO!! NOW!!!" he shouted as the enemies hid to not get hit by his minigun fire.

He nodded and ran towards cover. He then saw everyone escaping, and without long he was the only one left.

After long the ammo in his minigun finally ran out, he switched to his rifle and started fireing and when the ammo on his rifle ran out he switched to his pistol and when that ran out, he looked at his battle torn gloves.

"Heh.... I guess this is it..." He said as he closed his eyes and an RPG was shot at his position. The explosion launching his body into a a long rebar rod protruding from a fallen building and got impaled, putting him out of his misery.

That was all that he could remember. He opened his eyes to witness a garden of some sorts. Beautiful different colored flowers were surrounding him. He was still in his service army uniform as he noticed he was sitting on a chair with a table infront of him.

"Ah, You're finally awake" Said the person across the table.

He turned his head to see where the voice came from and come face to face to what only can be described as pure beauty.

She had long pink hair that reached her waist, blue crystal eyes that shown with the bright place he was currently in and was wearing a very beautiful dress that complimented her curves.

"W-where am I?" Kaito asked while looking at his surroundings.

"Well for starters I'm afraid that you have died" She replied with a saddened tone to her voice.

"Oh...." Kaito muttered while looking down in sadness.

"Do not fret, thanks to your noble sacrifice. The soldiers with you made it out alive. They will make it to the end of the war and will be thanking you for your sacrifice. As for your friend, he will always visit your grave along with his family on veteran's day to thank you. You are also awarded the bronze star of valor for your bravery on facing overwhelming odds, as well as a presidential citation for your sacrifice" she said solemnly with a hint of closure to her voice.

"I-I see... What happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?" Kaito asked with a hopeful tone.

"It will be neither, thanks to your heroics in your previous life. You will be reincarnated in another world as a princess" she says with an exited tone to her voice.

"Wait, I'm going to be a girl in my next life?" He asked while pointing to himself a bit suprised.

"Well yes, that's how reincarnation works. Oh and you will not remember your past life or your encounter with me. So that isekai manga and anime you've been reading and watching do not work here" She said.

"I-i see... Can I at least know your name?" Kato asked her to which she replied with.

"I am the goddess of the world Threim, my name is Crystal, I know it's a weird name for a goddess. I get that alot" she said sheepishly while rubbing the back of her head.

"To be fair I was kinda expecting a deeper name, but I guess it's fine" Kaito replied smiling.

"Heh, anyway It's time for you to make your journey in your new life, fallen hero. I pray that you may prosper as the first born daughter of King Alfred von Hasenburg." Says says as bright golden light surrounds Kaito's body.

Kaito then got flashbacks of his old life. From his childhood all the way to up his military career. A tear dropped from his eye as those memories flashed in his mind for one final time.

Kaito close his eyes as the golden light enveloped his body and it disappeared from the goddess' plane of reality.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(Allriiight new original book. Hope you all like this and as always hope y'all enjoyed and have a nice day ahead!!)