prologue

(Warning: this contains violence, gore, and angst don't like don't read.)

Hotaru awakes to the darkness once again. Their captor had locked them in this cell under the building. They try to remember how long they've been here but it's hard to remember. They can't tell it fells like forever. What does the sky look like? The fesh air feel like? The taste of fruit? It's all a blur now.... They can't even recall what it felt like to not be in pain. They try to move their arm, but all it does is twich slightly. The floor feels dry and dusty under their fingers, it's probably dirt...if only they were able to see it. 
Suddenly a noise brings them out of their thoughts. It's the stairs they realize, they've memorized the sounds, they squeak whenever their captor comes down. The door slams open with a bang bringing with it the smell from the upstairs. They try to move again as they hear footsteps coming towards them. 'I have to get away, they're going to hurt me again'
This time they manage to get ahold of their body, they move towards the corner of the cell, the chains rubbing against their raw skin as they make a clanking noise.
'It hurts'
The cell door creaks as it opens. They can hear them getting closer, they start to shake in fear and pain 'why can't I breathe?'
Suddenly their captor starts to talk to them. Hotaru has never been able to tell what they've been saying. They can't understand them. 'Why are they yelling at me again?'
*bang*
They slam something into their ribs 'probably a foot' hotaru thinks as their left gasping for air. Another wave of pain brings them back to their panic as something long and sharp is stabbed into their neck. They can feel the fluid drain into their bloodstream from the siringe. Slowly everything starts to become fuzzy again, it feels like their in a daze. They're vaguely aware of being strapped to some sort of table...and then...everything just fades into black like it always does.
The last thing they remember was whispering "help me"

AN/ hey, I'm not really not much of a writer and I'm honestly just writing this for fun. But if you're reading this I hope you enjoy it! Until next time :)