~Mud Puddles (Marelliana)~

More Marelliana because I just realized, for a major lesbian, I really don't have enough wlw oneshots in my book to be socially acceptable.

(Okay, I know they're waking up together, but this is still a smut free book. Don't freak out!)

Enjoy!! <3

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Biana's POV✩

Rain splattered against the cold glass windows of Everglen as the clouds stormed down from above, sending the grounds of Everglen into a wet, freezing storm that would last for hours. I slowly opened my eyes to see a small blonde girl sleeping next to me. Her legs were bent and her arms were curled against her chest, making her look even smaller than she was. I smiled at the sight of her, pulling her into a warm embrace and tucking the blanket back over her to keep her cozy. I breathed in the comforting scent of cherry bubblegum of her hair and twirled a strand of her tangled blonde hair in my fingers, waiting for her to wake up.

After cuddling her for what only felt like seconds, her ice blue eyes fluttered open and blinked before resting her gentle gaze on me. Her ice blue eyes sparked with a flame like they always did when she woke up as the morning person in our relationship.

"It's raining," she whispered, snuggling closer to me lovingly.

"I know," I answered softly, running my fingers through her hair and getting them caught in her messy tangles.

"I need to get up and take my shower," Marella mumbled into my chest.

"Do you though?" I asked her, whispering in her ear. She chuckled.

"Yes, Biana, I have to get up," she giggled, untangling herself from my embrace.

"Aww man, can I at least get ready with you?" I whined pleadingly, earning a small morning style laugh from her as she stood up and looked down at me cuddled on the bed, wrapped in piles of blankets.

"Fine, but I get the first shower," she compromised, earning herself a reluctant grumble.

"Can I shower with you, at least?" I asked her with puppy dog eyes.

"Once again, no, Fitz is literally in the room next to yours," Marella said, shaking her head.

"Screw him!" I mumbled into the blankets, but got up and grabbed some clothes from my fancy wardrobe to change into: a deep purple shirt and jeans under a black raincoat that reached my knees.

"Usually I would agree, but we're still not doing that," Marella said firmly, closing the door to the bathroom behind her.

***

Marella rested her head against my shoulder as we sat on the couch, looking out the window at the pouring rain before she spoke softly in my ear.

"You know what I've always wanted to do?" she asked me quietly. I looked down into her ice blue eyes, flaming with excitement.

"What is it?" I responded.

"Dance outside in the rain, with you," Marella said, grinning giddily.

"With me?" I asked her. Marella giggled.

"Of course," she replied, softly elbowing my arm. "Who else?"

I grinned at her. "Let's put our coats on first." I threw on my long black coat as Marella put on her ice blue one I bought for her, saying it matched her eyes. Marella threw open the door as a gust of cold wind blew her blonde hair back, whipping her braids behind her ears mercilessly.

"Ready?" she asked me softly. I nodded at her before stepping outside and closing the door. Rain splattered onto my raincoat hood as I ran out into the wet grass, jumping into big puddles of mud and water. The gray clouds seemed brighter and more vibrant when they were paired with Marella's beaming smile. Marella chased after me, splattering herself with a huge puddle of mud and getting some on her cheeks.

"You've got mud on your face," I chuckled at her, making her blush against the rich brown slop. I brushed my finger against her cheek, dusting the mud off slowly as my finger grazed her lip, making her wrinkle her nose.

"Did you seriously just touch my lip with your muddy finger?" she gagged, profusely wiping her lip with her drenched hand.

"Sorry!" I apologized as Marella glared at me lovingly, before stretching out her doused hand to me.

"May I have this dance?" she asked me softly, her words being punctuated with heavy patters of rain against deep puddles in the damp grass.

"You're a dancer?" I asked her, taking her hand with mine.

"Of course," she said, twirling me around in a mud puddle. "What, you thought I was a terrible dancer?"

"Maybe," I admitted, earning a laugh from her that made the cold rain feel like a toasty, warm shower. She picked up a handful of mud from a puddle and splashed it in my face.

"Oh, you wanna have a mud fight now?" I yelled over the pouring rain. Marella nodded, grinning from ear to ear as she carefully dodged a handful of brown. Well, more like tried to, because within a few seconds I nailed her in the face.

"Oh my god, right in my mouth!" she scolded me, only causing me to laugh louder until I fell down into a puddle of mud from laughter. She flopped down onto me, pinning me down into the mud and kissing me briefly before bursting into laughter and taking my hand with hers.