~If You Die (Sokeefe)~

Sokeefe for the shippers!!!! <3

Sorry about this being so damn short, I just really felt like making something but didn't want to put in the effort to make more than 500 words.

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Sophie's POV✩

"You're an idiot," I retorted at Keefe, hoping to trigger some remorseful reaction from him to show that he cared about himself. But he only cracked a small smile as he lied there, in the hospital bed, with his eyes closed.

I know, Foster, he thought to me.

"Keefe, you could've died," I told Keefe's limp body, tears falling from my wide brown eyes onto the thin hospital blankets.

Why would that be such a bad thing? Keefe asked me. My body stiffened and my cheeks flooded red.

Because I miss you. You've been lying in a hospital bed for two weeks and Fitz and I are the only people who can talk to you.

It had to be done. My mom is dead, Keefe argued. One of the Neverseen's most powerful members is dead. Why aren't you happy?

Because you could've died!! I repeated. I don't care about Gisela, Keefe. I care about you.

Why? Keefe asked.

I couldn't help but crack a smile. What do you mean, why? Because you're amazing, Keefe. You're artistic, and kind, and funny, and considerate, and so, so selfless. And I understand you went after Gisela for me, but next time, please don't put me over your own safety. At least talk to me first.

I don't think I can promise you that, Keefe chuckled softly.

Why?

Because you're amazing too. And you always put everyone else before you. You deserve someone who would do the same. And lying here in this hospital, I honestly don't a regret a thing. You're the Fos Boss! And even though you're trying really hard to hide it, I know that you feel so relieved now that Gisela's gone. And that makes it worth it. Keefe grinned while still closing his eyes.

What if you die? My lip quivered with fear. There's a chance you might die, Keefe. Bullhorn is looking at you, right now.

You'll have Fitz, Keefe promised. And Dex. And Biana. And Edaline and Grady. And Sandor. You'll have people there for you. I promise.

But will I have you? I asked, trembling with horror as Keefe paused.

Always, Keefe said. I feel even better by the day. Soon, when I feel like I can, I'm going to muster all the energy I can possible have and wake up, and when I feel like going back down for another couple weeks, I'll think of you.

Keefe, I love you, I said softly with tears turning my brown eyes glassy with emotion.

I love you too, Foster, Keefe smiled before his mental voice faded into the darkness and a light chuckle escaped his lips.