Chapter 1 ~ the calm before the storm

A/N: OKAY SO this is like my first attempt at a full fanfic so uhh constructive criticism is appreciated because it helps me improve! this was originally just a short pov i wrote under a yt playlist which i linked above. also, this fic will contain swearing and really out of character Diluc. i really like his character and i don't view him like that in the canon. 

huge thanks to my friend alexi for beta reading this chapter :D

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

"That should be all the stuff," you said as you placed the last box down onto the creaky wooden floor. You took a look at your new apartment in slight awe. Sure, it was dusty and it would require a lot of work to set up furniture and all the stuff but it was a house of your own. No parents, no roommates. An apartment all to yourself. You really felt like an adult now.

You turned to your boyfriend Diluc who helped you move all your stuff into your new apartment. Standing up on your tippy-toes, you brushed his red locks out of his face and pecked him on the cheek. "Thank you so much, Diluc. I really couldn't have done this without you."

Your boyfriend only nodded as he turned his body towards the door, "no problem, Y/N. I must leave now but I'll text you later, okay?"

You nodded, feeling a little sad that he was leaving already. "Okay. Get home safe."

The apartment felt all the emptier without your boyfriend's presence, but you weren't going to selfishly keep him there when he had other stuff to do. You opened the door to the room that would soon be your bedroom. It looked so gloomy with nothing in there but a singular bed and several boxes of your clothes and other things. You turned on some music on your phone and got to work putting bed sheets onto the mattress and cleaning up the place a little to make it look a little more homely.

You had never lived alone before, so this whole thing was so unusual for you. At first you lived with your parents, but you quickly moved out the second you saved up enough money to do so. You had moved into a little apartment and you split rent with your childhood friends, Lumine and her twin brother Aether. Eventually, you found an apartment available for rent that was closer to campus than the one you lived in before. Lumine and Aether were staying there because that apartment was only a short walk away from their university. So, you packed your things, said your goodbyes and moved out. So here you are, standing in your very own apartment.

You turned off your music as you felt your stomach grumble. You should go and get some groceries.

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °

You collapsed onto your bed, absolutely spent from that day. It's been about a week since you moved in and he had helped you with setting up all your furniture so you decided to treat him to a date. It was very sweet of him to help you like that honestly. You met your boyfriend at a lecture at university. It was a coincidence, that you just so happened to forget your pens at home and had to ask the cute person sitting next to you for one. But a happy coincidence nonetheless.

You yawned, rolling over to the side and fluttering your eyes closed to try and get some sleep in. Just as you were about to drift off, you heard the sound of music. Loud, metal music. You reckoned it was from the apartment directly below yours. You tossed and turned, praying that the person would get even a shroud of sympathy for their neighbours and turn it off themselves. You weren't exactly a fan of confrontations.