Episode 1: The Old Grist Mill

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon,

All that was lost is revealed.

Our long bygone burdens,

Mere echoes of the Spring,

But where have we come, and where shall we end?

If dreams can't come true, then why not pretend?

How the gentle wind,

Beckons through the leaves,

As Autumn colors fall.

Somewhere lost in the clouded annals of history lies a place that few have seen. A mysterious place called, "The Unknown." Where long forgotten stories are revealed to those who travel through the wood.

Dancing in a swirl of golden memories,

The loveliest lies of all.

Four kids travel across a pathway through a very thick patch of woods. It is dark as the moon rises high, and their shoes leave no footprints as they travel forward. They are all dressed in costumes, since they had just been trick-or-treating, but the night took an unfortunate turn as they wandered into the forest. Black trees surround them, casting out any chance of light illuminating the way. There are no signs or easy to find landmarks anywhere. Just trees, and rocks, and the occasional diversion in the dirt road.

The youngest is wearing yellow, which allows the others to see where he is. They don't want to lose him in this forest. He is eating candy out of his pockets, happily walking along and humming to himself. He doesn't seem bothered by the amount of candy that is spilled and forgotten every time he reaches in and takes a handful.

The one next to him is his brother, dressed in blue as the Pied Piper. He wears a fedora with a feather attached and a vest that looks to be from the medieval era. He's glad that he wore boots, since they have been walking for a while now. Making sure his younger brother is always in his line of sight, he also tries to look around and see if there is anything familiar about the area.

His older sister walks next to him with her fake bow attached to her quiver filled with also fake arrows. Her short, brown hair is kept tidy underneath her green hood. She was going to dress up as Peter Pan, but found a toy bow and is now pretending to be Robin Hood. She holds a compass in her hands, trying to figure out the correct way to hold it. She figures it must be broken because the dial keeps flipping around when trying to hold it straight.

The last one is the eldest of the group, but she is not in the family of siblings. Her hair is blonde and bright against the red of her hood. It falls into a long, red cape behind her, and she holds a basket that's also filled with candy. She is Red Riding Hood, and is definitely starting to relate to her character as she walks around with her friends through the forest.

"Hey, Andrew," asks the Robin Hood girl, "can I have some of that candy?"

The little boy pouts, yet digs his hands through his pockets to try and find something he knows she likes. "Chocolate and rice bar?" he asks.

"Ah, yes! I looove those," she says eagerly and takes the candy. She unwraps it and chews happily, hearing the small crunch sounds from the rice soothing her ears.

"Guys, we have been walking back for a while now," the Pied Piper boy says. "Don't you think we would have reached the city?"

"At least the hill where we came from," Red Riding Hood agrees. "Maybe we should turn around."