22: Concealed

(Chapter - 22)

"Don't make a single noise. I don't want the nurses to come up here."

"You?" Yera pointed at the guy who towered above her, her eyes widening in surprise.

"Yes," Jake whispered in her ear in a hushed tone, sending a shiver down her body.

Jake kept his gaze fixed on the rooftop entrance, waiting for the nurse who was searching for him to depart.

"You can speak now." Jake uncovered her mouth and took a step back.

"What are you doing over here?" For the first time, Jake looked towards her with a cold gaze.

"My whereabouts should not matter to you. I am just here to clear up my mind." He said harshly as he leaned against the wall to stabilise himself.

"It does matter to me." Yera gently smiled at him, trying to make him at ease.

"Why? I am not a good person. A girl like you shouldn't be spending time with me. If you cannot get yourself to believe it, you can go and ask Heeseung, hmm?" Jake smirked at her as he observed her getting uneasy.

'Just do it, Jake, for the sake of your heart.' He tried to convince himself. He had major trust issues, and he could not afford to get his heart shattered. He was reluctant to open up his heart to her.

"Stop being mean to me." Yera embraced him tightly.

'Stop it, Yera.' Jake closed his eyes in denial, refusing to hug Yera back.

"A hug won't kill you, Mr. Sim." Yera spoke as she never broke the hug, waiting for him to hug her back.

She believed hugging was a good therapy to relax someone. It makes you feel like that person is always by your side, irrespective of the situation. A hug conveys the message that someone cares about you and will be there for you throughout your life's journey.

Jake didn't want to feel like that.

Not at any cost.

He was in a tumult of emotions. He was feeling happy that she was hugging him instead of leaving him alone, unlike the girls back at the college who flirted with him and stood until he responded harshly to them.

"Yes, it won't." A smile etched across Jake's face as he wrapped his arms around her petite figure.

'Only for this time, Jake.' He reminded himself as he remained motionless in the hug, gathering all of her adoration one final time, as he had promised himself.

The rooftop barged open, revealing Heeseung, who was smiling from ear to ear, but the sight in front of his eyes quickly took away all of his joy.

He immediately dropped the shopping bag of the fancy dress and stormed out of the rooftop in utter disgust and disappointment without grabbing the attention of the couple.

An hour ago...

"You are going to regret what you did, brother. Don't tell me afterwards that I didn't give you a chance." Yakura's words echoed in Heeseung's mind as he drove down the street.

Heeseung recollected the moments spent with Yera as he drove.

"I need to initiate this."

He spoke to himself as he wandered towards the different showrooms at the side of the street.

Heeseung parked his car in front of a top-notch fashion showroom and got out of his car as he slung his black coat over his left shoulder.

"Show me some great dresses for a woman." Heeseung was a regular customer of the showroom, and the employees were not shocked to see him over there as he made frequent visits to get his meeting suits.

"For a woman?" The manager asked him once again to assure himself that he was hearing him right.

"Yes, a woman. Got any problem with that?" Heeseung straightened his posture.

"Not at all, sir. We'll show you the exclusive collection right away."

The manager ordered the employees to show him all the dresses, but none of them matched his taste.

"Would you mind showing me the dress?" Heeseung pointed to a dress hanging in the closet's corner.

The manager followed his direction, looking at the dress while gulping.

"Sorry, sir, but I don't think we'll be able to sell it. It's been reserved by a famous singer who is off on a world tour the following week."

"Look at these dresses, sir!" The manager called attention to the apparel that the employees were displaying to him.

"Tch-" Heeseung shook his head in denial as he gazed back at the dress that allured him.

"I don't care, I want that dress only."

"But sir-"

"Bring the bill to the reception. I will meet you there."

"And, don't forget to come along with the dress pleading once again or else I will behead you and gift your head to the CEO."

"O-O-Okay sir!" The manager broke into a cold sweat as he grabbed the dress with trembling hands.

(Present time)

"We should go back now. You need a rest." Yera let Jake take support of her shoulder as they both walked towards the rooftop door.

Yera opened the door to the exit to only see a shopping bag lying on the ground.

"Jake, you should go forward. I will meet you tomorrow." Yera smiled at him.

"Good night, Jakey!" Yera waved at him as he walked away from her, without greeting her back.

"To whom does it belong?" Yera lifted the bag and observed it cautiously.

"Wow, this dress is so pretty!" Yera smiled as she noticed how lovely and one-of-a-kind it was.

A piece of paper fell from the bag while Yera was scanning the bag thoroughly.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"To my love,
You may not know who I am,
Just remember that I am always
there for you.
No matter how annoying you are,
or how many troubles you get
yourself into,
I will always love you, clumsy shit."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

To be continued...

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️