That's what makes me unique🌹

"To be unique is daring to be misunderstood"
"For being difficult, it's easy. But to be unique, it's a complicated thing."-Lady Gaga

All of my life I've been known to be the "odd ball out", "the weird girl", "the girl who never fit in", etc. I never really felt I belonged anywhere. I always felt judged for being the way that I am. I was bullied for how soft spoken I was, I was bullied for how sensitive I was, for preferring to always be on top of my education rather than indulging in different activities they may have thought were "fun" or "cool" I was always the student who wanted to take my education seriously, because I knew my plan after graduating from eighth grade & high school, I was going to college.

During my enrollment in elementary & middle school, I always felt extremely challenged academically. I felt I was being extremely challenged, which motivated me to work even harder for the grades I believed I deserved. And I still wouldn't do as well as I'd hoped. At the time it really destroyed my self esteem, I believed I wasn't smart enough, I believed I wasn't capable of making any academic accomplishments, etc. Any doubt there was in a book, better believe I had it. But I didn't allow my doubts to hinder myself from achieving success. By my seventh and eighth grade years of school, I improved a lot, I was able to make the honor roll, and it was up from there. I made the honor roll every single year in high school, and of course I was still labeled as the "weird girl" because I preferred to write or study whenever we had a free period, substitute teachers, or even during free time in our P.E. class, or because I would skip lunch a lot of times to go write alone in peace.

    During my high school days, I really took writing even more seriously than I already did. It was my comfort, it was my form of therapy, it allowed me to get a lot of my thoughts out of my head and onto paper. It allowed me to tune out the negative comments that my classmates would constantly make. I was even labeled as "weird", because I loved to write so much. I was quiet, but I had a lot to say, and instead of me verbally expressing my words I chose to write instead, and that's what made me unique in my opinion. I only like to speak when I have meaningful words to offer, even if I have something to say I won't speak unless I know my words won't go to waste. I cherish words, I believe they could either make or break someone, and I always strive to make sure that my words aren't harming anybody, unfortunately I didn't get that in return during my school days. But that's fine I'm still the same in college currently, I would prefer to pull all nighters of studying than partying, and for that I'm viewed as "lame".

However, I know it makes me "unique" because even though I have so much more freedom than ever, I still choose to do the right thing, stand by my morals, and keep my education prioritized. I'm allowing myself to stay focused, I'm allowing myself to stand for individuality. And to me that makes me very unique! Me always trying to stay true to myself, that's what makes me unique! So I own my uniqueness!